Weather for Bahamas--3rd week of Jan

rhsgrad

I hate the cold winters here in the Northeast, so my sister (who fortunately lives in a warmer climate) has suggested we meet in January for a short warm-weather respite for me.

I was thinking we might do one of the 3-or-4 day RCCL cruises to the Bahamas. The ports of call would be Nassau, the private island and Key West (if we do the 4-day cruise).

Will it be warm enough during the 3rd week of January to go to the beach or comfortably sit by the pool on one of these cruises? [Yes, I'd love to take a longer cruise further south, but I can't leave my teenage son too long with my husband. There's got to be SOME parental supervision. :-) ]

I hate the cold winters here in the Northeast, so my sister (who fortunately lives in a warmer climate) has suggested we meet in January for a short warm-weather respite for me.

I was thinking we might do one of the 3-or-4 day RCCL cruises to the Bahamas. The ports of call would be Nassau, the private island and Key West (if we do the 4-day cruise).

Will it be warm enough during the 3rd week of January to go to the beach or comfortably sit by the pool on one of these cruises? [Yes, I'd love to take a longer cruise further south, but I can't leave my teenage son too long with my husband. There's got to be SOME parental supervision. :-) ]

That time of the yr is hit and miss. It could be quite chilly or vary warm.

My experience has been that the weather has been favorable--although the water is cool. I certainly could sit on the beach most days. We've been to Bahamas perhaps 6-8 times and most of them were winter adventures. Much warmer than sitting up here in the northern climes.

Archived