Carnival cruise transfers from FLL to Miami?

danixbanani

Hi all-

I'm traveling on the Carnival Imagination on October 3rd to the Bahamas (hope hurricane season calms down :X) and I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale. I was wondering if it's worth the $60 round trip for the Carnival transfer or if we should just take a cab? Anyone go from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Miami port before? How much do cabs cost? I'm sure they're cheaper than the Carnival transfer...right? Not sure. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

thanks!

I am doing the same thing. But we are flying in a day ahead and our flight is at 11:10 am on the day back into port. I've decided to rent a van for the day we arrive (6 people + lugggage) because we arrive in FLL around noon and would like to do a little sight seeing to South Beach and the like. For the trip back, I think we will just get a cab, since we don't have much wiggle room. We will plan on carrying off our own luggage and hopping into a cab as soon as the ship is opened for release. That's our plan anyway. Seems that the other times I've taken the ship's shuttle we've had to wait quite a while to get the bus filled before heading off. I don't have the extra time to chance it on this one.

That being said, my parents just did a cruise that sailed from POM but they flew into FLL. They did a taxi from FLL to Miami pre-cruise night. I dont' know how much it cost them, but they didn't complain and they said the ride was quick and easy. They would recommend it anytime.

Depending on the number of passengers, it's far cheaper to hire a towncar through a limo service. No waiting on a bus, they carry your luggage, and you're not with 60 other people. Just Google Ft. Lauderdale Limos and take your pick.

Hi all-

I'm traveling on the Carnival Imagination on October 3rd to the Bahamas (hope hurricane season calms down :X) and I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale. I was wondering if it's worth the $60 round trip for the Carnival transfer or if we should just take a cab? Anyone go from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Miami port before? How much do cabs cost? I'm sure they're cheaper than the Carnival transfer...right? Not sure. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

thanks!

Hi - I'm on the same cruise and we're flying into FLL also. I did some research and there is a shuttle service available at the airport which you do not have to book - you just go down to the ground transportation area and sign up for it there. I heard it was around $18 per person and you do not have to wait too long for them to leave (30 mins at the most). The trip to the Port of Miami is around 45 mins (but depends on traffic I'm sure). If you're tight on time then you may want to make arrangements ahead of time just to be safe.

Check out the Florida port threads. I received alot of good info there. We have 8 people in our party and arrive in FLL (airfare cheaper) and leave out of POM. We decided to book a van through LeBlanc Limos (best price and great customer service). We are getting a type of shuttle van. Being picked up at FLL airport, then the driver will take us to restaurant of our choice upon arrival (either FLL or Miami) before taking us to hotel in Miami. On debark day will pick up at POM at a prearranged time for trip back to FLL. Cost was around $120/per couple.

thank you all for the suggestions! I know we're being risky by flying in the same day of the cruise but I think (hope) we'll be okay. I'm just going with my boyfriend so it's just the two of us. Therefore, renting a limo isn't really logical. I think we may just take a taxi because it'll be just the two of us and we won't have to wait...any ideas on what a regular taxi costs from FLL to POM?

I am not going on my cruise until late Oct. however with 2 adult's and 2 children and after doing some research on transfer's from FLL to MIA, I did find a limo company who quoted me a price of 100.00 for transfer from FLL to MIA and to me that was a really great price..

I realize that if it's just one couple then renting a car would be cheaper. However when the shuttle co. start's charging 38.00 a head. Then you could see where the limo made alot of sense. Nevermind it's a LIMO...

thank you all for the suggestions! I know we're being risky by flying in the same day of the cruise but I think (hope) we'll be okay. I'm just going with my boyfriend so it's just the two of us. Therefore, renting a limo isn't really logical. I think we may just take a taxi because it'll be just the two of us and we won't have to wait...any ideas on what a regular taxi costs from FLL to POM?

I've heard $80-100 each way for a taxi before tip. We used a private limo service. Very comfortable ride, clean, right on time, and only a few $$ more than a cab - I think around $110 which included tip. We were able to split it with another couple from CC traveling with us so our total was only a little over half of what we would have paid to take a cab round trip.

Hi - I'm on the same cruise and we're flying into FLL also. I did some research and there is a shuttle service available at the airport which you do not have to book - you just go down to the ground transportation area and sign up for it there. I heard it was around $18 per person and you do not have to wait too long for them to leave (30 mins at the most). The trip to the Port of Miami is around 45 mins (but depends on traffic I'm sure). If you're tight on time then you may want to make arrangements ahead of time just to be safe.

The shared ride shuttle I priced recently is now $24pp each way so I guess they all may be charging a little bit less than the $30 the cruise line now charges. For 3 or more people certainly makes sense to use a taxi or limo service for the nominal additional cost.

We were just on the Imagination last week...we used SAS transportation...Steve picked us up at the airport dropped us at the Hotel and picked us up from the Ship...we had a late flight so he knew of a Hotel in Hollywood Beach where we were abale to spend the day at while we waited...had use of their facilities as well..I would HIGHLY recommend you call him...he was by far the least expensive for both trips and very much on time both trips...tell him you are from Cruise Critic...we only paid 13.00 pp each way...plus the tip of course..his number is...954-600-0240...;)

IMHO - I never use the "transfers" anymore - or any shuttle service, unless it's a last resort. For one you have to wait on the entire bus/shuttle to fill up and then it's really not a comfortable ride. Too many people in a small enclosed area, again IMHO.

Like other posters, anytime we fly into FLL for the Port of Miami - we always use a car service, and it works out beautifully. Cabs from FLL to MIA are just about the same price as hiring a service (anywhere from $80 - $100 depending on how your cabbie is feeling that day - no set prices that I'm aware of.) I have been using Infinity Transportation for years now - always reliable, always same price. It's a little over $100 each way. You can find them on the internet or let me know and I'll give you their info. Had a limo both ways last week, and boy was it nice on debarkation day to take a quick "power nap" on the way back to FLL! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

We were just on the Imagination last week...we used SAS transportation...Steve picked us up at the airport dropped us at the Hotel and picked us up from the Ship...we had a late flight so he knew of a Hotel in Hollywood Beach where we were abale to spend the day at while we waited...had use of their facilities as well..I would HIGHLY recommend you call him...he was by far the least expensive for both trips and very much on time both trips...tell him you are from Cruise Critic...we only paid 13.00 pp each way...plus the tip of course..his number is...954-600-0240...;)

Thanks for the info, gonna call him tomorrow and make a reservation.

We used the Sun & Moon Express. There were 4 of us and the cost was a total of $65 plus tip. We were the only ones in the van with plenty of room for our luggage. Edwin picked us up twice and was ALWAYS right where he said he would be at the exact time. Very reliable service and comfortable ride.

Google Sun and Moon Express or call 754-581-6264.

Our cruise is at the end of Oct. we too are flying in early in the morning. We got Steve from SAS here on the boards, we booked him and he was great to work with. Since there is only two of us, we got a charge of $15 which we are happy to pay, everyone else was so much more expensive.

Call him, I think you'll be happy you did.

In Feruary "08 we paid $45 + a $12 prepaid tip for a Town Car to Miami from FLL... There were two of us traveling. Even though we almost died on the trip(a whole other story) it was well worth it. I loved getting off the plane and going down to the luggage area and having my name on a sign. I felt VERY important. Thought about the shuttle, but decided it would be too much trouble. $15 sounds like a steal to me. Whatever your decide to do, have a wonderful and relaxing vacation.

i have always used www.floridalimo.com and had great results, the prices are better and you dont have to listen to 30 minutes of the bus driver telling you the only way thry feed thier kids is thru tips...depending on how many are in your group the price varies but it is a much better deal, as a matter of fact i'll be on one in 4 days...yippie

We used the Carnival transfer in June and it was $40 at that time. Like everyone has said first you wait, our flight arrived at 9:30 and we never got on the bus until 11:00 and then it made other stops to pick up passengers from other airlines so by the time we actually got to the port it was 1:00. Because we had an early flight back and did not want to take the chance of waiting for the bus to fill we took a cab which cost us $100 and that was after having to change cabs at the port because there was a heated discussion on who was taking the next set of passengers. We are flying back to FLL for a Nov cruise and will use a service recommended on these boards.

Archived