Will a Carnival Piano Bar lover find anything close on the Mariner???

We always enjoy the piano bar and the singing along on Carnival. Can someone who has experienced both please give me a comparison.

Man_sunbathes.gifBlueDan.gif

SPRING FLINGERS PIC LINK:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34ce80f258a

O.A.T.C.

MardiGras.....Tropicale.....Festivale.....Carnivale.....Holiday

Fantasy.....Fascination.....Sensation.....Glory.....Victory

Ecstasy.....Triumph

I know they say the schooner is a piano bar, but I'm curious ot the similarity... icon_cool.gif

Man_sunbathes.gifBlueDan.gif

SPRING FLINGERS PIC LINK:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34ce80f258a

O.A.T.C.

MardiGras.....Tropicale.....Festivale.....Carnivale.....Holiday

Fantasy.....Fascination.....Sensation.....Glory.....Victory

Ecstasy.....Triumph

I've been on several RCI cruises and keep hoping to have as much fun in one of their piano bars as I have on Carnival.

So far, no such luck.

-Monte

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Clock remove but cruise in Dec

The piano bar depends on who you have on that week. If you have a good sized group of 20 or so that enjoy doing the piano bar thing the Mariner can be as nice as Carnival. It's more spread out then the Carnival so you loose that

intitmate feeling you get on Carnival. So just make the most of if and hope more join in.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;19;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we sail on the Zuiderdam

Til we sail on the Mariner of The Seas RCL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;3;7;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail on the Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2003;10;09;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til we sail the ms Maasdam

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;05;29;11;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Originally posted by dbcrescent:

We always enjoy the piano bar and the singing along on Carnival. Can someone who has experienced both please give me a comparison.

What a great question and one I was curious about as well. We loved being in the piano bar on our Carnival cruise - the place we wanted to go each night. I wasn't sure how to ask and get the right "feel" across. You did it eloquently - thank you!

Cruise addict in the making

We were just on the Mariner last week and enjoyed an evening in the piano bar (Schooners) but it wasn't packed. However, several nights the pub was packed and everyone was singing along with the guitarist/singer that was performing. I don't remember his name but the two times I was there the place was full and everyone was staying until the last set. I've never been on Carnival so I can't compare but I hope that helps.

We were on the Navigator 2/28 and the Schooner Bar was packed everynight. Steve Heist packed them in, and we closed down the place at 2:30am three mornings. They also have the Pub, the guitarist on the Navigator did draw much of a crowd, however, a few years ago we were on the Voyager and that was the place to be at night.

Archived