Did you know that United Airlines

dmc1025

Last summer we used our American FF miles on Alaska Air as they are codeshare partners. I agree with all about mileage usage, it is almost impossible these days.

Just becuase I was afraid it was going to be really tough, I booked us in First Class from DFW to Orlando for WDW just to use miles - and we don't have a huge amount but don't want to lose them.

I have to say that our first class upgrade last year to Anchorage for the Alaska cruise was great. I am glad we did it then. I called the exact 330 days out to ensure getting what I wanted.

I hope it works out for you.

Last I knew was that United was ending year-round service but have no idea whether or not they will serve Anchorage on a seasonal basis. They've come and gone several times up here and many have learned not to rely on them.

We also get seasonal service from Frontier and American plus a few charters.

Northwest, Continental, and Delta serve Anchorage on a year-round basis but limit flight options in the summer.

For the most flight options, Alaska Airlines is the state's primary carrier.

I'm quite sure that Horizon has always done that short hop for Alaska with their Dash 8s rather than Alaska's 737s.

That's what I thought. I was surprised when we made our initial reservation and we were on an Alasaka Air 737 - knew it was too good to be true.

Flying low and slow over the Gulf and San Juan Islands in a Dash 8 is a better experience - gorgeous! http://www.youralaskacruise.com/reviews/2007/4220-san_juan_islands.html

I agree, it is pretty. However, prefer a plane with a little more room. I feel so closed in with the smaller planes - just my personal preference.

Happened earlier in the year. This summer United went down to only summer service and at the beginning of the season they announced that after this summer they are totally pulling out. No more flights for them to Anchorage.

Susan in Anchorage :)

I agree, it is pretty. However, prefer a plane with a little more room. I feel so closed in with the smaller planes - just my personal preference.

Time in the air is only 35 minutes. They do manage to have beverage service that includes local wines and microbrews that are complimentary!

Archived