Love it!

I wish this was a class the cruise lines would offer. Definately beats the boring treadmill :rolleyes:

Anyone else been bitten by the Zumba bug?

Nah, no Zumba for me. That Latino "music" would drive me up the wall and the strange choreography is just too strange. I'll stick to my treadmill and other torture equipment found in most fitness rooms. :)

Oh I am SO into ZUMBA!! ;) :D

Wondering if I go get certified to teach Zumba, then maybe I could parlay that into some free cruisin', hmmmm??? :cool:

I zumba 3 days a week. Step 2 days a week. Then a day of kickboxing and a day or two of weights/toning in there too usually. I just wish I had the body to show for it.

Oh how I love to eat. I would LOVE to do some zumba on the ship to work off some of the excess calories I am sure to consume.

as for zumba being annoying, it all varies based on instructor. ive had some who play "up the wall latino music" and are too latin ballroom dance like to really enjoy/follow. and ive had some instructors who are more hiphop/martial arts trained who do current music. then those instructors who do a mixture of the two.

I zumba 3 days a week. Step 2 days a week. Then a day of kickboxing and a day or two of weights/toning in there too usually. I just wish I had the body to show for it.

Same here! I work out like a fiend and you wouldn't know it! lol But hey, at least my heart is healthy! :D And the thing is I am NOT a big eater....I keep my cals at around 1300 a day. So why am I not losing weight? Ugh...whatever lol.

I can't wait to see if they have it onboard Explorer next month, that would be AWESOME if they did!!!!

Edited by ChristieNJ

I am hoping that Zumba will be offerred on the Oasis of the Seas when I sail in December. It would also be cool if there was a Zumba theme cruise. I am a Zumba instructor and would love to Zumba at sea :).

I am hoping that Zumba will be offerred on the Oasis of the Seas when I sail in December. It would also be cool if there was a Zumba theme cruise. I am a Zumba instructor and would love to Zumba at sea :).

That would definitely be awesome! I hope they have it on Oasis also, even though I'm not going on it until Oct 2010. :D

That would definitely be awesome! I hope they have it on Oasis also, even though I'm not going on it until Oct 2010. :D

I'll try to post a review after my cruise in December. I'll mention it in my review whether or not they offer Zumba :).

I'll try to post a review after my cruise in December. I'll mention it in my review whether or not they offer Zumba :).

Great, thanks! :)

I'm a Zumba Instructor and I know the first thing I do when I get on the boat is gonna march on down to the gym and ask if I can teach some classes while I'm aboard the ship. I know Carnival actually has an instructor coming on a cruise at somepoint to teach poolside, in the gym and in the dance clubs but I have no clue when this person will be on the ship and its only for ONE sailing.

With being on the seas so much and the Zumba workshops being sold out lately I think it would be very hard for the cruiselines to obtain someone who is certified to be on board all the time.

But like I've said in other threads if a cruiseline called me and asked me to come aboard and teach I'd be there in a heartbeat. I LOVE my job and I don't care if I'd have to share a room with other staff members if it gets me on the ship.

The did Zumba on P&O Ventura to the Baltics. Five classes over the two weeks.

It all depends on who's in charge. They'll ask to see if you are group exercise certified as well as your zumba certification usually and you will need cpr certification most likely but alot of ships will let you as long as you have what they need you to have as far as being covered liability wise.

I too have been bitten by the Zumba bug. I take 3 classes a week at the local Y and we have 2 great instructors. I would love to be able to Zumba on a cruise, I wouldn't even mind paying . I hope Princess is listening.

Zumba is so much more fun than the traditional cardio work out.

I also LOVE Zumba and would be thrilled to see it offered on a cruise. I'd be willing to pay for the classes too. It would be the perfect addition to the cruise experience.

I'm booked on a Princess cruise next February. I wonder who I can contact to suggest they add Zumba to their lineup.

Is there someone we can keep e-mailing about classes that we would like to see on our cruise? As a regular cruiser I would like to see a few changes in the class schedule and would like to know that someone was interested in my imput since I use the fitness center every day for hours on my cruise.

That would be soooo cool to do a zumba cruise ... was just talking to some fellow zumba divas where I work out at about getting together and going on a cruise!

I LOOOOOOOOOVE Zumba! I wish it was offered on ships. I would definitely consider a Zumba cruise.

I second this motion! I would love to attend a Zumba class on board, it would be so much fun!

Me too! I just started zumba a couple of weeks ago, and I LOVE it. So much fun, and great exercise to boot!

I love Zumba too. I would love to see classes on a cruise. (Yep, I would pay for them too!)

I too am a Zumba instructor and I'll be teaching on my upcoming NCL Epic sailing in October. I'm NOT doing it through the ship though, I've gotten together people from my Roll Call who are interested, and I'm volunteering to teach. NCL did give me a fitness room to do it in though which is great. I'm doing it just for the love of Zumba and the need to work out at sea! It would be great if the ships would let us come on and teach for the week of our sailing (and letting us get a free ride) but that's not very common at the moment. Oh well.

Zumba love!

I would love it if we had a Zumba instructor on our cruise! I just might have to mention it over on our roll call board.

My wife and I are going to COZ on the Carnival Imagination 10/25 and if any people are up to getting together we can Zumba till we can't Zumba anymore!

My wife and I are going to COZ on the Carnival Imagination 10/25 and if any people are up to getting together we can Zumba till we can't Zumba anymore!

Hey Zumbaguy! Have you spoken to your cruise critic roll call about getting a class running on your cruise? I got at least 25 people signed up for my cruise next week, very excited. Good luck with yours!

Now I see that as I write this you are already on your cruise, hope it's great!

Edited by trtllovr

I would love to take a cruise that offers Zumba classes. Do you have any advice for me, I am a first time cruiser, taking my husband and two daughters to Alaska in August. They are 4 and 2 years old. We need a holiday and would love them to be entertained all day. Any tips?

Thanks

From what I heard some cruise lines do offer classes because their employees are licensed to teach it, so you should check with your ship to see if they offer them. Other than that if you take classes regularly you can try to see about setting up a group sailing with your instructor and other classmates... it's a stretch, but what a joy that would be. Good luck! Have fun!

LOVE Zumba!!! I try to go to the gym while we cruise, but I'm not always as successful as I should be. The classes offered on CCL are somewhat outdated, in my opinion. The ones I have attended were not very crowded. I think they are missing out on an opportunity to make some good money for a class or two of Zumba. At my gym, Zumba will have any where from 30-50 women in attendance. The other classes may have 10.

I think alot of women would consider this a fun addition to a Caribbean vacation! I would definitely buy a package of classes for Zumba!

I love Zumba and go three times a week. the classes I attend are packed average around 60 and sometimes up to 100 bodies a session! I agree, cruise lines are missing out on some serious money.... I would pay for a couple classes, no doubt

I love Zumba and would love to take a cruise where this is an option. Is there a way to find out ahead of time what classes are offered on a particular ship?

Hiya - I am a Zumba instructor/enthusiast and I love the idea of teaching Zumba on cruise ships! Can anyone suggest some contacts for me - I am ready to apply! I teach Zumba, Zumba Gold, Yoga and plan to do Zumba Toning soon! I am ready to go and would love to be there for all the Zumba travelers!!!

Thank You all!

OK, I'll bite; what is Zumba? I "assume" it's some sort of exercise?

DH and I were on Caribbean Princess Sept 2011, RT New York, Canada/New England. Two FREE zumba "classes" were given. Led each time by one of the assistant cruise directors. It was held in the aft show lounge and was really crowded. Glad we got there early so we were on the wooden dance floor vs. carpet! It was very hot as the ceiling is low and the spot lights were on so dress accordingly (we walked the mile around the promenade afterward just to cool off--at sea and it certainly was cool!).

It was a good introduction class, both times, as he showed the moves several times and took breaks between songs. They provided large coolers of water but we brought bottles of water and were glad we did. It was too difficult to leave the floor to grab a quick sip from the cooler. We also brought a towel from the cabin, which was handy too.

I would have paid to have had small classes offered daily!!

I just got home from my Friday night Zumba class and I see this thread.

Anybody planning to bust some Zumba moves in the ship nightclub?

Planning to request some Zumba songs?

A new instructor in my neighborhood does the electric slide for warm-up and the wobble and cupid shuffle for cool down. So taught me what I need to know for the deck parties!

did you figure out a way to teach? I am cruising next month and trying to figure out if I can do it...

I am not going till next year but I would LOVE to be able to Zumba at sea!! I only go 6 times a week :eek:

Will some awesome zumba instructor please book the same cruise?? LOL (My fave instructor went last month and just announced is pg so she can't come *sniff* )