Anyone ever go fishing in Panama?

My husband and I saw the ships excursion in Panama to go Peacock Bass Fishing in Gatun Lake. I posted a thread on the Panama ports of call with no replies. Has anyone done this excursion? :confused: Is it fun? Did you catch any fish? Is it a worthwhile excursion-it isn't cheap. We are thinking about it for next April. Thanks so much to anyone that replies!;)

We and another couple did this 2 years ago. Didn't catch any monster Peacock's, but we had a blast. My DW out caught all of us. It is totally a catch and release deal, but how many folks can say they've fished the Panama Canal!:D

Go to http://www.webshots.com and search "tawcat" for my albums, in one of the PC albums you'll see pics of us in Gatun.

Do it, you won't regret it!

I havent personally but my friends did last october when we went. They barely caught anything, in fact we have a picture of one of our friends with this little tiny fish he caught lol. And like someone said its a catch and release. But I think as with any fishing trip...you never know what kind of day you will have...some days you catch a lot, some days not so many

hi, DH did it in Feb. it was ok, he was a little disappointed I think. We are boat owners so he's always fishing at home. He did catch a lot of fish but they were small. He brought his camera with him and when I had the pictures devloped I had to laugh on how small the fish were. I told him at least he had the experience of fishing in Pamana how many people have that chance.

Thank You for your replies, one really positive, 2 maybe's, 0 against.:p

Keep those comments coming, we want to decide on this excursion soon. I guess catching little fish is better than not catching anything. That's why it's called fishing rather than catching. I would rather catch! :D

Was the boat big enough to have facilities (bathooms). Did anyone try the RCCL excusion for Peacock Fishing in Gatun Lake? How many people on board the boat? We really want to learn some details about this trip. RCCL could not help me all-Need to hear more about the trip and if it was fun, and fish were caught? Did they have snacks on the boat etc for the people? :confused:

Thanks for your time an knowledge-we appreciate it!:p

Archived