A No By Any Other Name...

Chairsin

I believe it was Keith who mentioned that one of the delightful things about Seabourn is that they never use the word "No." That brought to mind one of our favorite Seabourn experiences( I have relayed it here before but thought that perhaps it bears repeating.) This happened on our first Seabourn cruise when we were newbies. We generally lunched in the Verandah but on one afternoon toward the end of our trip we decided we should try lunch in the dining room. I had on a skirt and top and my husband had on slacks and a nice short sleeved silk shirt. When we entered the dining room the dining room manager came up to us broadly smiling and said he was so glad to see us and that it was such a beautiful day he was surprised that we did not prefer to dine in the Verandah. After thinking it over a moment we decided that it was in fact too nice a day to squander in the dining room so we strolled upstairs. As we got to the top of the stairs it dawned on us that we had just been turned away from the dining room. It was the nicest way anyone has ever said "No" to us. You see, in those days, gentlemen were required to wear a jacket at lunch( now I am sorry to see that even shorts are acceptable attire) in the dining room and we had completely forgotten about that. Does anyone else have any other stories about how Seabourn has " No" and made you feel good about it?

Chairsin,

Your story brings to mind this 'lit story ~~

A few years ago on a Pride Christmas voyage I ask my Stewardess for a small spa robe. As the huge terrycloth robe swallows me I always use one of the small, short ones. She returned after awhile with a sad face and the bad news of , "No spa robes on the ship!" The next day I was in the corridor on my way "home" after a pedicure in the spa. I was wearing the huge terrycloth "quilt" when I ran into Guenter, Hotel Manager......he took one look at me and said, "Miss Martha, my word....you look just like a kangaroo with that big robe on....see, even a little pouch....."(the pocket was right in front) I explained to him that we had no small spa robes aboard.

The very next day after spending a few hours ashore I went into my suite......'lo and behold, carefully arranged on my bed was a white SPA ROBE and a very sweet note from Guenter saying he wanted me to be "at home" and comfortable! (one of the Officers later told me Guenter had shopped in 11 different stores looking for that robe)

Of course, I will never ever forget dear Guenter's kindness.

Such a little thing......but when the Hotel Manager spends half his day searching for one item for a Guest, that's "over and beyond...."

But it's "the Seabourn way.....":p

Martita B.

No wonder I love Seabourn. What nice stories. I agree, the crew, well they are just jewels!

I was on the Pride for two weeks last December. A very nice waiter, who had made me feel 30 years younger by complimenting my gown on formal night, brought a glass of champagne to me on the middle Saturday. As others were disembarking, I was in the computer room writing an email. He came in, set down the glass and said, "It's hot by this window, I thought you might like this". He had read my mind; just at that point in time I was thinking, man it's hot in here! How did he know I was even in there?

Not a "no" story, but one I had to relay; it seems they know what is important to you, and then fill that need.

Jane

Archived