Wash & Fold Service: How Good With Cotton DRESS Shirts

Leo Jay

I'm considering trying the W&F service this time around if CCL does a decent job with dress shirts -- does anyone have any experience with getting cotton dress shirts done through them?

How good a job do they do with ironing? I like mine pretty crisp looking, so if they just do a light pressing, I might as well do them myself. I've heard the W&F special where they do a bag for a flat fee generally doesn't come out that well, but is the regular W&F service better?

Also, does anyone have the price list? Wasn't able to find it via search. Thanks.

Our experience has been wash and fold is exactly that, no ironing. Beware they wash everything on hot so if you are concerned about shrinkage it is not advisable.

Huh. Then sorry -- I must be using the wrong term and lumping two different services together, because I do remember seeing a price list that had separate pricing for laundering with pressing vs. pressing only (or was it laundering only?). And that service did suits and everything, just like a regular on-land laundry/drycleaning service... Unless something's changed?

Yes, you can pay extra for ironing and such. I have seen things come back just fine, but you may be picker than I.

I use the wash and fold service all the time and never have a problem with it, but I don't put delicate items in the bag. I have even put in blue jeans with white socks, and if they are washing everything together, I am surprised because the socks did not turn blue.

Hi Leo, we use the laundry service all the time when we sail, they do a great job and things come back very nice, never had a problem with wrinkles or anything and my husband uses cotton shirts alot and never had them shrink a thing. Good luck, and happy sailing!! Carole

Thanks. Besides my regular shirts, I have a formal shirt I'd like to have them launder between the first and second Elegant Nights, but I'm not sure if I should trust them to do a good job with it. I guess I can experiment with an old shirt first and see how that goes.

Leo Jay,

My father loves his cotton shirts to be crisp! before they travel my mom launders his shirts and then soaks them in liquid starch just follow the directions on the bottle it works great he sends his shirts out to be pressed and they come back looking very nice. Hope this helps have a great trip.

I'm considering trying the W&F service this time around if CCL does a decent job with dress shirts -- does anyone have any experience with getting cotton dress shirts done through them?

How good a job do they do with ironing? I like mine pretty crisp looking, so if they just do a light pressing, I might as well do them myself. I've heard the W&F special where they do a bag for a flat fee generally doesn't come out that well, but is the regular W&F service better?

Also, does anyone have the price list? Wasn't able to find it via search. Thanks.

It's called "wash and fold" not "wash and iron". If you want your clothes ironed, you'll need to take them to the laundry room and do your own.

If you want them to wash and iron the shirts, you have to put them in the regular laundry and pay the higher price. Ironing is not included in any "bag" special they may have.

Try this web site

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

It has alot of good info and price lists...sandy

It's called "wash and fold" not "wash and iron". If you want your clothes ironed' date=' you'll need to take them to the laundry room and do your own.

If you want them to wash and iron the shirts, you have to put them in the regular laundry and pay the higher price. Ironing is not included in any "bag" special they may have.[/quote']

I've heard the W&F special where they do a bag for a flat fee generally doesn't come out that well, but is the regular W&F service better?

Huh. Then sorry -- I must be using the wrong term and lumping two different services together, because I do remember seeing a price list that had separate pricing for laundering with pressing vs. pressing only (or was it laundering only?).

thxbye

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

The staff on Victory did a really great job with the formal shirt I'd been a bit worried about. They pressed it beautifully, and kept the gentle natural roll of the collar and cuffs instead of pressing them flat like some cheap laundering services do. The form I filled out indicated $5.00 for laundering and ironing, but they only charged me the $4.00 indicated on the wiki page posted above.

And the turnaround was very good -- I didn't get it to my steward until about 9pm the night before and it was ready by 5pm the next day, and they didn't charge me for express service.

:)

Archived