Just Got Back- Mariner of the Seas 4/4/04 Cruise

Ted2

Just got back from the Mariner of the Seas cruise on 4/4/04 and had an unbelievable time. I would highly recommend it. This was our 4th RCL cruise( Grandeur, Voyager, Adventure), and this ship was the nicest. Ship was brand new, sparkling clean, service was great, a step above our other cruises. The Windjammer Buffet was much improved from our other cruises, in terms of of presentation of the food, replenishment, cleanliness, etc. Hats off to RCCL for their improvements. The Asian(they call it Jade) selections were great.

Coco Cay replaced Labadee, and it was beautiful. The Pool area on the ship was constantly kept clean, and there were pool attendants who made sure the kids behaved.

If any one has any questions, please ask me.

Thanks

Thanks for the info ..... I am going in 11 more days and I cannot wait. I was recently on the Voyager and although I had a blast..I was not overly impressed with the ship. It sounds like the Mariner will surpass my expectations.

Thanks!

Michael

Soverign of the Seas Nov 99

Majesty of the Seas Apr 00, Nov OO

Enchangement of the Seas Sep 00, Oct 02

Rhaposdy of the Seas Jun 01

Elation Oct 01

Zuiderdam Apr 03

Radiance of the Seas Jun 03

Voyager Nov 03

Mariner Apr 04

Hey Rocky...you're sailing with us! Have you signed up for hte Meet and Mingle party???

Song of America 1996 spring

Song of America 1996 fall

Song of America 1997

Song of America 1998

Soveriegn of the Seas 1998

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Zandaam 2002

Mariner of the Seas 12/14/2003

Mariner of the Seas in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;04;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Ted2, we just got back as well and we all wish we were still on the Mariner. I agree with you. I have nothing bad to say about the trip. My husband and 2 girls (9 & 12) and I had a great time! We're happy to answer any questions as well. Ann

Yes - I have questions please... I have been told Mariner has theme nights in the dining room that some even dress for these. Is this true and if so, what are they?

Secondly and more important to our group - is the teen disco for ages 15 to 17 only? Do the 12 - 14 yr. olds go there? If not, where do their dance things get held? Do you have "Compass" pages (or copies) you could mail me if I give you my snail mail address please? Our group really wants an idea of the activities for the diffferent ages - more specifically than what is listed on the website and the written materials.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruise addict in the making

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m&m1:

Yes - I have questions please... I have been told Mariner has theme nights in the dining room that some even dress for these. Is this true and if so, what are they?

Secondly and more important to our group - is the teen disco for ages 15 to 17 only? Do the 12 - 14 yr. olds go there? If not, where do their dance things get held? Do you have "Compass" pages (or copies) you could mail me if I give you my snail mail address please? Our group really wants an idea of the activities for the diffferent ages - more specifically than what is listed on the website and the written materials.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruise addict in the making<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are theme nights in the Dining Room, for example Carribean Night, and International night, however, I don't think anyone dressed for the occasion.

The 12 to 14 year old are welcome in the Teen Disco. I don't have the Compass pages but there is a multitide of activities for the kids, they will not be board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MLAW:

Ted2, could you also give a few examples of the kinds of foods served at Jade? Is it fairly typical American-chinese food or more exotic? Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was not typical American Chinese food, more Asian. Spicy String beans, sushi, some interesting noodle dishes. Hope this helps

Archived