Christmas Cruises

spadercool

We have cruised for the past four Christmas'. We plan to cruise again this Christmas. It is a wonderful way to spend the holidays without all of the stress of decorating, shopping and cooking.

The ships are beautifully decorated with trees and garland in all of the public areas. There was a huge gingerbread display just outside of the Schooner bar. Christmas carols were sung on Christmas eve. Santa arrived by boat on Christmas morning, and delivered presents to all of the youngsters. Rosario strings played Christmas music in the dining room during Christmas dinner. There was a wonderful Christmas show on Christmas evening presented by the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers. Of course, there were a lot of families on board with children and teenagers, but luckily, they were never a problem. The ship was at full capacity, however, it seldom seemed crowded.

By the way, we always decorate our cabin and cabin door. Some passengers strung garland on the railing of their balconies. One cabin managed to have a lighted garland and wreath.

By the way, we always decorate our cabin and cabin door. Some passengers strung garland on the railing of their balconies. One cabin managed to have a lighted garland and wreath.

Ohhh, that sound so "cool." I'd be the one who brought the battery lit garland and wreath. ho ho ho.

We've cruised the past 2 Christmases and enjoyed every minute of it! The ships were very festive, the crews were very attentive. In both cases we took wrapped Christmas gifts and handed them out to the crew members... My kids complained (the two older kids) that they want us to be home for a traditional Christmas, which is what we will do this year...but no promises for next year! :-)

The reason I asked is my parents and I have not decided on next years cruise and am going to mention this at dinner tonight. Are ALL Christmas cruises the same regardless of the number of days or is it varied by iteneary?

A lot of information can be found on this link.. http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruisestyles/area.cfm?area=25

I went on my very first cruise last Christmas - on Freedom.

I did a very detailed trip report with LOTS of pictures, so if you want an overview on a 7 night Christmas cruise and see how the ship was decorated, what special things they laid on then take a look.

The link is in my signature.

Archived