Water Taxi's to Atlantis

RN4Nsy

Do the water taxis run day and night to get to and from the ship? Also,

I am a plus sized girl, I won't sink the water taxi will I?

Water taxi's run daily from 9am to 6pm .. from the downtown wharf to Paradise Island dock and back.

They run every 30 minutes (not on the 1/2 hour, just 30 minutes after the last boat left ).. the trip takes about 12 minutes and usually includes a bit of a tour. Tip you tour guide a dollar if you enjoyed his shpeel.

Don't worry about being plus sized.. the bahamian men are crazy for a little "meat".. lol

I found the timing of the taxis to be questionable - we were down there to catch the first to leave the PI dock and after waiting until 9:20 decided a taxi was worth the extra cost - there was no indication that a water taxi was going to leave until more passengers showed.

The first time we went to Nassau we rode a water taxi to Atlantis and back. Part of ship's excursion. When we go back in spring will take a land taxi instead. Our experience wasn't awful, just not good.

LOUD ride-blaring radio and noisy engine.

STINKY-the exhaust on both boats made us queasy.

Lots of waiting both ways for boat to fill up not by scheduled times.

The first time we went to Nassau we rode a water taxi to Atlantis and back. Part of ship's excursion. When we go back in spring will take a land taxi instead. Our experience wasn't awful, just not good.

LOUD ride-blaring radio and noisy engine.

STINKY-the exhaust on both boats made us queasy.

Lots of waiting both ways for boat to fill up not by scheduled times.

I agree with this comment. It has been a few years since our last water taxi ride, but we waited nearly an hour for the boat to fill up like a junket to India while the boat motor ran nonstop and fumed us to death. Then before we were allowed to get off, we had a joke given to us, " What is the best nation in the world...the DONATION!." and were seemingly held captive until the hat went around enough times to collect enough donations. Never a water taxi for me again!

Archived