Navigator Gym & spa

waldorf

Hello Alan,

I sailed on the Navigator of the Seas about 3 years ago. To my knowledge, there haven't been any major changes to the fitness/spa facilities of this relatively young vessel since then. Also, I do NOT believe that RCI charges to use the showers, steam room or sauna (all located within the respective men's & women's locker rooms), as I sailed with them this past June (on a different vessel) and they did not charge. All you need to do is exchange your onboard charge card for a locker key; return your locker key when you're done, and your card is returned.

The Navigator facilities were VERY comfortable. There were plenty of showers, the sauna sat approximately 14 and the steam room probably sat 10-12. Amazingly, for a vessel of that size, there were relatively few people using theses facililties, which I GREATLY appreciated.

In fact, I would use the facilities each day of my cruise to get ready for dinner, by working-out, showering, steaming, showering, sauna-ing, showering and then getting dressed. I was so relaxed & ready for dinner it was amazing!

Bon voyage to you and I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy this aspect of the cruise. It'd be great if you could report back upon your return with your impressions!

Take care,

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

• 8 months later...

Just realised that I had not come back after our cruise on Navigator.

The gym was a nice size and plenty of equipment, although it could get busy at times, especially on sea days.

The spa area was not my favourite!

1. Not enough keys for lockers and when you did get one, the locks were very quirky to use.

2. The sauna/steam were not at all hot, and sometimes not even warm!

3. Too many first timers using the sauna etc - finding it too hot and then leaving after 2 minutes, very annoying!

Archived