Hotel in Mobile for Holiday in Sept

sandestination

has anyone driven to Mobile and spent the night. Did you park in the County garage near the Raddison for $45.00? and has anyone been in the Hampton there?

Thanks,

Lynda

We just got home from the Holiday about 12 days ago. We drove to port from Michigan :eek: and stayed at the Ashbury Hotel & Suites. It is right off of I-65 in Mobile. It is about 10 minutes from the cruise terminal. We thought the hotel was good. They had quite a big indoor pool and a hot breakfast. You can also park your car there for free during your cruise and then take a taxi to the terminal. They have a special rate for Carnival cruisers (Have to show your boarding pass), we got our room for $60 plus taxes. We though it was an amazing deal.

www.ashburyhotel.com

Have an awesome trip on the Holiday!

We stayed in the River View Hotel by Marriott. It is right downtown and is really nice. Not a particular bargain. We shared a room with another couple which had some relatives that came over from Gulf Shores. We were able to visit with them and hang out downtown for a really good time. It was really nice when we got up that morning. We looked out the window and could see the boat at the dock. That is really a good feeling and gets me really charged up!

We then parked in the port garage for the convience factor.

You may want to go to the ports of call board for more info. It is a good resource.

Enjoy your cruise!

btw, Im in Bartlett.

Hey, I'm in Rosemark very near Bolton HS!

I'm going to check out that hotel.

Thanks for the information.

We have sailed twice from Mobile and driven down the morning of because I just could not find a hotel that was both reasonable and had good ratings.

Driving down the morning of saves some money and has worked out, but does make me a bit anxious.

Next trip to Mobile I would like to go a day early and visit the Alabama without having to rush through.

We did the Fantasy in June in Mobile.

We self debarked and were lucky too I guess.

We had to ride the shuttle to that other garage but we were in the car and on the road by 8:30. We had to wait a few minutes during debark because they said customs had backed up a bit, but basically we were able to just walk off and go.

(I'm comparing this with a debark in Galveston. We were in the middle of a long, long slow moving line, but somehow got behind some folks with customs' problems and we were the very last pax to leave the terminal...11:30:eek:)

Thanks Guys I am going to check those all out. Big D I am in Arlington my kids (grown now went to Bartlett and half of my friends still live there. We had moved to Oakland loved low taxes but Don wanted a shorter travel time....Now 2 miles for I40 and takes longer then going the back roads through collierville and across 385. He works on Outland Road off winchester.

Hey Rosemark my granddaughter lives in Atoka goes to Brighton heck we may all know each other.

Did you all like the Holiday and has it been recently since you were on the ship? Been on the Conquest and the Glory. I was amazed at the size. The only other ship we were ever on is now out of business. It was the commodore use to go out of N.O. I think it was about half the size of the Holiday but we had a ball and nothing to compare it to.

You can imagine when we got on the conquest out of N.O. It made the commodore look like a canoe. I know people must have thought we were the clampants form the Beverly Hillbilly's. We lucked up and somehow they put us in a wrap around balcony on the upperdeck and learned how to get short cuts up and down the stairs by going on Pdeck and cutting across the ship.

The Glory out of P.C. was a different story all together. We were in the very front of the ship on the lido deck and it seemed like it took forever to get anywhere. It was last dec and we got caught in a tropical depression 40 to 50 per mile winds and 18ft waves I was scared to death..we couldn't go to St Thomas.

I will get some sea sick patches this time with all the storms going on.

Did you all get trip insurance? I don't think we will need itt but I thought it might should take it. One guy on our cruise luggage NEVER made it to his cabin so you can imagine being without any thing for a week. YUK

Till Later

Lynda

Archived