Price Drop

rlkubi

My friend and I are going on a cruise in two weeks. The price had dropped $70 pp for an inside room. I had called my PVP and after many e:mails we were upgraded to an OV room. However, now the price has dropped $100 pp for inside and $70 for OV. I would still like to get an OBC with the upgrade since it's lowered so much. I was told by my PVP that they are being more strict with OBC's after final payment. If you have gotten OBC or upgrades after final payment recently would you please let me know? I'm trying to make my case.....:)

Thank you!!!

My friend and I are going on a cruise in two weeks. The price had dropped $70 pp for an inside room. I had called my PVP and after many e:mails we were upgraded to an OV room. However, now the price has dropped $100 pp for inside and $70 for OV. I would still like to get an OBC with the upgrade since it's lowered so much. I was told by my PVP that they are being more strict with OBC's after final payment. If you have gotten OBC or upgrades after final payment recently would you please let me know? I'm trying to make my case.....:)

Thank you!!!

Dont quote me, but I believe it depends on your PVP or TA. I had a TA who gave us OBC right up until a couple weeks before the cruise, but I have heard of others who don't...cuts into commission I believe.

Dont quote me, but I believe it depends on your PVP or TA. I had a TA who gave us OBC right up until a couple weeks before the cruise, but I have heard of others who don't...cuts into commission I believe.
That's my understanding also with a TA. Since you've already received an upgrade I would be surprised if your PVP could get you anything more.

Charlie

When we booked in June we booked a 4A & got free upgrade to a 4F (It was either 4For 4G) anyway, we leave next Sat. Last week I got an OBC for $200 but I had to call a supervisor. He was very nice about it. I would call them instead of your PVP and ask for it, all they can say is no.

I've had several OBC's since I paid.

try this..... don't call your PVP, but call the 1-888-CARNIVAL number....press button 2 for alterations to your booking.

They can bring your details up on the computer, and get your OBC.

It's what I did .. it worked every time.

Well worth a try!!.

mamasue, thanks! I think I'll try that. I was told new President, new policies. I'm not trying to be a pain but I am a big advocate for Carnival -- going on my 10th cruise next year! I have also recommended them to a LOT of people. If the price drops that much something should be done!

mamasue, thanks! I think I'll try that. I was told new President, new policies. I'm not trying to be a pain but I am a big advocate for Carnival -- going on my 10th cruise next year! I have also recommended them to a LOT of people. If the price drops that much something should be done!

I also call the 1-888 number and had several adjustments and received OBC three times now, last night the most current. We leave on the 29th and have gone from a 1A to a 6D with $50OBC so far. I will keep checking and I hope for even more. All of the upgrades have been after final payment.

mary

I've had several OBC's since I paid.

try this..... don't call your PVP, but call the 1-888-CARNIVAL number....press button 2 for alterations to your booking.

They can bring your details up on the computer, and get your OBC.

It's what I did .. it worked every time.

Well worth a try!!.

Are you able to do this because you booked through Carnival? Was wondering if you booked with online source if this is possible to try?

Thanks, Hope

I booked thru Carnival directly. Really don't know about any other TA. This is my first time booking directly with them and I am very happy! Much simpler in my opinion and they are always very friendly. I don't even use a regular PVP, I just call that 888 number every time I have a question.

mary

Archived