Diamond traveling with first time cruiser.....

lanabanana

I feel if a Diamond guest is traveling (in the same cabin) with ONE non-diamond guest (MAKING A TOTAL OF TWO PEOPLE) that the guest should be allowed in the lounge. I don't feel that if there is more than one, the others should be allowed.

To me, it's like a husband/wife situatuation. Both are accorded Diamond status if one has it. I am NOT saying traveling with someone other than a spouse should be permanently Diamond, just for the cruise without the booklet and CL card.

Look at how many people have arranged for everyone in their family to join when in fact most of them don't even live at the address. What about the guy who arranged for all 10 or more of his housemates to be enrolled as Diamond because he is? That isn't fair no matter how you look at it.

I know this isn't the policy of RCI, but it seems more fair to me.

Katiel53, I couldn't agree with you more! It has nothing to do with the fact that on this cruise I am sailing with a girlfriend in my cabin that is only a Platinum member, as in the past I have always sailed with my husband. I feel everyone is entitled to have their sailing cabin roommate go into the lounge with them. Really what fun is it for one person to leave their cabinmate and go off for breakfast or a cocktail without them? That is basically taking away the perk from that Diamond member.

• 2 months later...

Archived