Let' be Happy

I read the boards and find that they are can be very informative ---however they can also be depressing --- it annoys me whe I read so many negative remarks about the cruise lines --- it is inevitable that the costs have risen and will continue to rise - just stop and think is there anyting that has not increased in cost --- if we are goin to quibble about the cost of a glass of orange juice ---- then perhaps we should not be cruising ------ when I read some of the negative remarks made --- I immediately thing of someone that is looking forward to a cruise and how they have planned and saved for it -- and then along comes someone with all the deragotary remarks and burst their bubble --- we have been on 42 cruises --- and yes -- some are better than other ---- but no cruise is perfect ----- but all are wonderfull -- and I thank God that we are able to enjoy our cruises -- so lets have some POSITIVE -HAPPY- POSTINGS and I hope I don't get trashed for this posting --- and I am for sure a fan of RCI they are doing a good job compared to some of the other lines --- three cheers for RCI

Well said. I have wanted to post something like that for a long time now. It is amazing what people complain about now adays. Life is too short to be that negative, JMHO

DeeKDRoseTransp.gifabducted.gif

Email: Deanna34769@wmconnect.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Martian Yatch Club Adventure

RCCL Adventure of the Seas 11/14/04

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 10/26/03

Carnival Pride 11/9/02

Premier Cruise Lines (5 sailings)

I'm happy icon_smile.gif) only 11 more days till my cruise! What can be better icon_smile.gif

Song of America 1996 spring

Song of America 1996 fall

Song of America 1997

Song of America 1998

Soveriegn of the Seas 1998

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Zandaam 2002

Mariner of the Seas 12/14/2003

Mariner of the Seas in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;04;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Some people just like to dwell on the negative and they go on their cruise looking to have a bad time. We have never a had bad cruise and we have always come home and felt we had a good time. I could probably point to every cruise and find something I did not like, but it didn't ruin the entire cruise for me. We were on a cruise where we went on an all day shore excursion that was dreadful. We thought that day was a total waste of time but our overall memory of the cruise is positive. Some people are just never happy.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I couldn't agree more. I just read another thread where someone called someone else's remarks "silly." I've heard worse on this line and think that personal attacks are not necessary. I do, however, think that it is healthy to have a conversation about the pros/cons of cruising, whether it be about RCCL or cruising in general. This is a "cruise critics" message board after all. People should just keep it clean and respect the opinions of others. Because, in the end, that is just what most of these posts are - opinions. Thanks for adding this topic. Has been on my mind for a while...

Brandy

I totally agree with this post. As long as you have your family and/or friends along you're going to have a great time. I was just on the Mariner and even though we had our C & A coupon for Johnny's we forgot to use it and didn't mind the extra charge. The entertainment by the wait staff was worth it. Also, any meal I don't have to make myself is wonderful. My opinion is - if people don't have a good time they have only themselves to blame. I have never been more pampered then on a cruise. Happy cruising to all.

I've been on quite a few cruises, and I can't think of any one that had anything happen so bad that it's even a memory at this point. I'm leaving next week on the Sovereign with a friend that I've known since we were 13 (youch, that's 42 years!!!) . . leaving hubbies behind. We only get to see each other every few years, and this year decided to cruise. As kids, we were always in each other's homes, our Mom's each other's second Mom. On the cruise we've vowed that (1) we're going to drink (2) smoke (3) stay up as late as we want - the best part being that our Mom's aren't going to be there saying "quiet down", "go to sleep", "that better not be a cigarette I smell" . . . We can't wait!!!!

michuck....make sure you have an ice cream sunday for dinner one night too!@!! That always makes me glad I'm an adult!!!

Song of America 1996 spring

Song of America 1996 fall

Song of America 1997

Song of America 1998

Soveriegn of the Seas 1998

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Zandaam 2002

Mariner of the Seas 12/14/2003

Mariner of the Seas in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;04;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I was commenting on the direction of the thread being silly. I am not a negative person - I love cruising and have had the best time in my life on my cruises (with the exception of having my daughter with my husband right beside me) - but you are right there is a lot of negativity. However if I had listened to all the negativity I would have not booked my upcoming RCCL cruise. You will never see a frown on my face during a cruise until I have to get off the ship icon_biggrin.gif

Fantasy 11/91

Ecstasy 1/98

Fascination 11/99

Paradise 2/00

Imagination 4/02

Ecstasy 5/03

Paradise 10/03

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;4;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we leave on the Sovereign

Three Cheers for a positive attitude!! We are all very fortunate to lead lives that allow us to have a home, food, and the ability to be able to save enough for CRUSING!! It is FUN!! So look forward to the fun stufff!!

Majesty of the Seas~ 6/96

Ecstasy~ 11/99

Galaxy~ 12/99

Voyager of the Seas~ 5/18/03

Explorer of the Seas~ 5/16/04

What a great thread.

I can't wait for my next cruise.

Reggie icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;10;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody 10-17-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;12;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Mercury 12-06-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;03;29;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800 Monarch 3-29-04

Viking Serenade 1998

Viking Serenade 1999

Voyager of the Seas 2000

Viking Serenade 2001

Majesty of the Seas 11-2002

Norwegian Sea 11-2002

Vision of the Seas 11-2002

Mercury 5-03-03

Monarch of the Seas 6-09-03

Mercury 10-12-03

Monarch 11-17-03

Monarch 1-19-04

God bless the USA and all freedom loving people. May God protect all those who fight and die to protect those freedoms.

Archived