questions on Mariner of the Seas Weddings

Sestrong821

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this sight and just wanted to know if anyone could share some advise from a wedding they have had or are planning to have to Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas. I am planning a wedding with them and have heard some information that kind of scares me (i.e. they won't confirm time or place of the wedding until 3 weeks out). Can anyone offer advise or let me know how their wedding went.

Thank you so much!!

I think it is fairly common for you to not know locations until shortly before. But everywhere on these ships is so beautiful that I couldn't imagine being upset with any of the rooms.

With the Infinity and possibly all Celebrity ships if you have the sit-down luncheon you will be in the main dinning room. So at least that can help narrow it down some.

Welcome to CruiseCritic and congrats on your upcoming wedding! There have been several postings about Mariner weddings in recent months, so the search function on this website might be useful. In the top right corner choose "Search This Forum" and it will give a dropdown. Type "mariner" and you will see two pages of postings from various people. Samben's daughter recently married on the Mariner in St Thomas - so definitely read through her postings. :) When you find a person with previous wedding experience you'd like to read about, left click on their username and you can view all of their posts - that can help as well. Since the new CruiseCritic database came out earlier this year, the previous information in the old database was "lost" so we only have online data back through about April.

Hi,

My daughter was just married on The Mariner in St. Thomas Oct. 20th......We couldn't have asked for anything more perfect!!!! The wedding coordinator in St. Thomas, Terry was great. She told us a couple months out the time of our wedding..........

Now I don't know if you're having your wedding.......good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I got married on the Mariner about 6 weeks ago. It's true, they will not confirm a time or location onboard until at least 2 weeks prior to sailing. The only thing you can do is put in a special request if you have a particular location onboard in mind (like the chapel). If you are getting married onboard the day of sailing all your guests have to be at the Port no later than 11:00 so that's the time I put on my invitations, even though the wedding wasn't until 1:00.

It was frustrating at times not knowing particular details about the wedding before hand but everything turned out beautiful. The food, cake, DJ, officiant and day of wedding coordinators were all fantastic. The flowers I received looked more like something that came off a casket other than what I requested (and sent a picture of) from Royal Romance. That is the ONLY complaint I had, other than it went way too fast!

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Archived