Dirty Life Jackets

Kwst8ofmind

Last year was our first Cruise, we were on the Triumph.

I was shocked how FILTHY the necks of the life jackets were!

We leave the 21st on the Legend and I am actually dreading the thought of the life jacket more than the muster drill.

Anyone else find this a problem on other ships?

(I am taking anti bacterial spray and wipes this year):eek:

I have heard it all now: why you are spraying your life jackets I hope you are wiping down all the glasses in your cabin, you cabin door several times a day and make sure you do not sit on the bedspread. THere might be germs, oh, what about the remote contol. BTW, you certainly wouldn't want to come to my house for dinner even if I am a great cook.

Nita

Out of many cruises - most of the life jackets have been reasonably "clean". A few were filthy "looking", and ONE smelled of fresh vomit :eek:. I had a few words with the Carnival staff person who was sternly telling me to PUT IT ON (in front of MANY entertained observers) while I was telling them I needed another one (and why). They ignored me, I put it on begrudgingly --- one of my worst memories of Carnival....:mad:

Tom

:D Hahahaaa I can just see that now... While to others you looked like "the troublemaker".

I have heard it all now: why you are spraying your life jackets I hope you are wiping down all the glasses in your cabin, you cabin door several times a day and make sure you do not sit on the bedspread. THere might be germs, oh, what about the remote contol. BTW, you certainly wouldn't want to come to my house for dinner even if I am a great cook.

Nita

:o dont worry about the vinyl couches, :confused: no one has ever sat on one of them in the buff:rolleyes: :D

:p Just do what i do, get one of the BUTT gaskets they keep in the bathrooms for the seats and put it around your neck:eek: keeps you clean, and added benifit no body stands close to you:cool:

That's too funny! :D

I thing that grosses me out are the people (not just kids) who blew the whistle at muster drill. :eek: It's one thing when I need to in an emergency... :rolleyes:

Out of many cruises - most of the life jackets have been reasonably "clean". A few were filthy "looking", and ONE smelled of fresh vomit :eek:. I had a few words with the Carnival staff person who was sternly telling me to PUT IT ON (in front of MANY entertained observers) while I was telling them I needed another one (and why). They ignored me, I put it on begrudgingly --- one of my worst memories of Carnival....:mad:

Tom

Thats friggin nasty! Like you don't know how to put one of those things on by now!

Oh well, at least they don't make us wear them for the entire drill anymore. On last weeks cruises they were pretty clean. Apparently they changed out the life vest stock when they remodeled Inspiration.

I will say that those two life boat drills on the B2B were the most relaxed I have ever been to. Alot of people never put theirs on, and the crew said nothing. And there was no march up to the lido deck to stand at the embarkation stations either.

:p Just do what i do, get one of the BUTT gaskets they keep in the bathrooms for the seats and put it around your neck:eek: keeps you clean, and added benifit no body stands close to you:cool:

Yeppers... a Butt Gasket, and a roll of toilet paper should do the trick for anyone who is anal about ring around the collar...

Yeah, that's nothing new...I always notice that. I guess they figure if you really have to use it some day, it don't matter how dirty it is, you'll put it on quik.

What you do, is put a couple of wash clothes around the neck of it, that way you'll have that protection. It will look funny at first, but people will get the jist of it quik.

Last year was our first Cruise, we were on the Triumph.

We leave the 21st on the Legend and I am actually dreading the thought of the life jacket more than the muster drill.

(I am taking anti bacterial spray and wipes this year):eek:

[quote name='MrPete']I don't think this would be too much of a concern should a real emergency arise.

Just try not to lick it as you put it on and off, and schedule some time for a sonic shower afterwards.

Watch out for the safety bars on the rides at the amusement parks. God knows what they have held into place. :eek:[/quote]

Grocery cart handles are horrible also.

I saw a news program take a black light into a cabin on a cruise ship and the room lit up like an amusement park. Looked like enough DNA to clone a small city. Life preservers are the least of ones worry's. :eek:

[quote name='REDZONE']My lifejackets have always been clean. But the whistle :eek:[/QUOTE]

You mean you DIDN'T blow the whistle???

Amazes me each cruise to see how many people stick that thing in their mouth.

As to dirty life jackets....they just lay in the closet getting dust on them. Never seen a dirty one.

[quote name='Carnival Game']Yes we do clean all that. :D[/QUOTE]

No, you wiped it down...chances are you didn't CLEAN a single germ. Numerous studies show that wipes and purel-type stuff really doesn't do any better than good old soap and water up to the elbow on a regular basis.

But, if it makes you feel better, wipe away!

[quote name='Kwst8ofmind']Last year was our first Cruise, we were on the Triumph.

(I am taking anti bacterial spray and wipes this year):eek:[/QUOTE]

When the ship goes down, I don't think you will worry too much about how dirty they really are. :D

Fred

[quote name='VentureMan_2000']Yeppers... a Butt Gasket, and a roll of toilet paper should do the trick for anyone who is anal about ring around the collar...[/quote]

:D :D [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]now thats funny i dont care who you are;) [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='gargoyle999']We have a black light we use if we think one of our cats wets on the carpet. Maybe I'll bring that along just to check things out - CSI style! :eek:[/quote]

Good one... but you know that YOU don't want to see what's in your room. Afterall, what you don't know or see won't hurt you!;)

[quote name='gargoyle999']We have a black light we use if we think one of our cats wets on the carpet. Maybe I'll bring that along just to check things out - CSI style! :eek:[/quote]

Ever heard the phrase "Ignorance is bliss." ? ;)

[quote name='MiDenC']Ever heard the phrase "Ignorance is bliss." ? ;)[/QUOTE]

I use that phrase periodically. One time I received an interesting reply... she turned to me, glaring, and said that she did not appreciate me calling her ignorant. I tried to explain the saying, at which point I realized that SHE WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND IT... :eek: :rolleyes:

Tom

Archived