Curtains in balcony rooms?

esbie11

My entire family will be sailing on Explorer in April. My dad and step-mom got a balcony room. I am assuming that the balcony rooms have curtains that, when closed, would not allow you to see out (or in)? My dad really wants a balcony room, however my step-mom is starting to get nervous and feels she will freak out if she can see the ocean from her room. (I realize it is silly that she will be on a cruiseship, and afraid to see the ocean:rolleyes: ). Are there curtains that they can simply close if she gets freaked out?

My entire family will be sailing on Explorer in April. My dad and step-mom got a balcony room. I am assuming that the balcony rooms have curtains that, when closed, would not allow you to see out (or in)? My dad really wants a balcony room, however my step-mom is starting to get nervous and feels she will freak out if she can see the ocean from her room. (I realize it is silly that she will be on a cruiseship, and afraid to see the ocean:rolleyes: ). Are there curtains that they can simply close if she gets freaked out?

Yes, there are double drapes in the cabins. One is semi-sheer, the other is a heavier black-out type.

Oh and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Hope you have a lovely day and cruise!

Thanks! And I hope you are right about her enjoying the balcony room. She can be a bit of a drama queen sometimes...so you never know how she'll act;)

thanks also for the info. We are taking our first cruise in November for our 25th. And even though I had to have a balcony room and will much enjoy it during the day and even sitting out there at night. I need to have a DARK room while sleeping. It's nice to know that there are black out drapes. I would like to be able to hear the ocean, but know I won't sleep well if there is alot of light. May have to try it at least one night!!!

When the steward comes in in the evening to clean the room and turn down the bed (with chocolates left on the pillow of course :)), they also close the drapes so that the room is dark. They turn down the lighting also.

We like the drapes open so I always have to reopen them before going to bed. They do it while we are at dinner (second seating).

thanks also for the info. We are taking our first cruise in November for our 25th. And even though I had to have a balcony room and will much enjoy it during the day and even sitting out there at night. I need to have a DARK room while sleeping. It's nice to know that there are black out drapes. I would like to be able to hear the ocean, but know I won't sleep well if there is alot of light. May have to try it at least one night!!!

I also need to have complete darkness to sleep and I travel a lot for work and sometimes hotel drapes just don't close completely. I never sleep without a sleepmask (I've heard them called eye-masks too). My first experience was several years ago on an international flight.. I couldn't beleive how wonderful they are. I can sleep anywhere now, even with DH reading in bed :)

You can get them lots of places, including WalMart - near the loofa's for some reason. The funny thing is, my favorite ones are the cheap ones I get on American Airlines (on the rare occasion I had an upgrade coupon for trans Atlantic travel).

Give it a try!

Archived