Hi-yo Silver! Horseback riding?

Philly Steve

We're considering booking a morning beach ride through Spiceland Riding in Bermuda. Anyone do this during their cruise? Did you have a good experience? :confused:

My son and his girfriend went on our last cruise and loved it. Make sure you take the early ride so you can ride on the beach!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We're enjoying memories of our sunrise beach ride from last Tuesday. It was my first time on horseback and I felt much at ease. We found the horses to be well trained, very responsive and healthy.

If you're looking to do something new on a cruise and you've never gone riding, I recommend this. :)

We are hoping to do this next may when we cruise the Majesty. Did you take a taxi from the ship to the riding center? What was the cost? If so did you pre arrange it or were they always available? What time did you have to leave the ship?

Thanks!

Spiceland Riding can arrange a taxi for you (about $40.00). Our driver met us inside the St. George Cruise Ship terminal at 6:30 am (too early for bus service). In our case, the driver also works as a tour guide so we had a pleasant discussion about Bermuda during our 15-20 minute taxi ride. Spiceland offers other rides during the day if you're not a morning person. The beach ride is only offered on the first tour of the day.

I understand the beach ride fills up quickly so it's best to book in advance.

I called about a week before our cruise and our first, preferred ride was sold out so we opted for different day. By the way, provided helmets are offered but not required.

We headed to nearby Horseshoe Bay after our morning ride (required another taxi) and were among the first on the beach that day! :)

Archived