Question about cabins on Jewel

HorrorFan

I have an E3 (7598) booked on the Jewel. I noticed this morning that E1 cabins (7156) is $250 pp cheaper than the one I have booked.

Questions

1) Is the balcony bigger on the E1 (7156) than the E3 (7598)? Its says not in the description but it sure looks like it on the plans.

2) If I change cabins is that a new booking? Will I pay the extra fuel charge? I snucjk in before the fuel charge increase. I mean, the $500 difference would more than cover the incresed fuel charge anyway, but I was curious.

Should I change cabins?

I can only answer question #1 for you. Yes, that E1 balcony is bigger (slightly) than the E3 on the hump that you have. BUT......there is no stairway back there so you will have to walk to the center of the ship to go up or down decks. Your hump cabin is in a prime location.....easy to go up or down in an instant. But for $500 less, one can probably deal with this inconvenience.

As for changing cabins, as I said, I don't know.

I can only answer question #1 for you. Yes, that E1 balcony is bigger (slightly) than the E3 on the hump that you have. BUT......there is no stairway back there so you will have to walk to the center of the ship to go up or down decks. Your hump cabin is in a prime location.....easy to go up or down in an instant. But for $500 less, one can probably deal with this inconvenience.

As for changing cabins, as I said, I don't know.

Yeah, I know the one I have is a prime spot, but we really aren't concerned about the extra walk. That's not an issue. I could do quite a bit of walking for $500.

If the balcony is larger, AND there is no need to start a new booking (and therefore pay higher fuel surcharges) then I think I'll do it.

I'll have to call my TA tomorrow. Hope the price doesn't change before then.:)

Archived