Which Disney World resort would you compare to Freedom of the Seas

flagger

Just asked my Disney Crazy wife and she said it would have to be Port Orleans.

So I guess she means it's not upscale like Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian but it's not considered Encomny like All Star's Sports either.

Hope this helps.

Jimbo:)

I guess you could limit it to the moderate resorts since RCCL is a mass-market cruiseline and not upscale, but since the Freedom is one of the greatest ships ever built, I'm going to go with Beach Club, even though it's a deluxe resort. The fantastic pool area, Stormalong Bay, matches well with the Flowrider and the kiddie water park on the Freedom. Also, Beach Club is right near Epcot and Boardwalk with so many things to do, which matches well with Freedom. The nautical theme of Beach Club is the kicker. Oh, and Beaches and Cream is a good match with Johnny Rockets.

Closest Disney offering comparable to Freedom would be, umm, one of the Disney ships! :)

Otherwise I'd probably agree w/a moderate resort. Though seas days by the pool can resemble the Animal Kingdom Resort's animal reserve.

- Ken

I think it all has to do with cabin selection.... Stay in a GS and above and it can compare to a Disney premium resort like Boardwalk or Beach & Yacht Club(which is tops as far as Disney), or stay in a standard balcony and it can compare to Port Orleans, oceanview or interior and you are more like Carribbean Beach or Old Key West

I have to agree with one of the previous posters, depends on the category cabin you book.

I equate the value resorts like All Star Sports, Music etc. as the lower decks cabins. (Because of the traffic and large number of families.) Also, you always hear about the noise from the anchor and plumbing problems on these floors.

The mid deck cabins I equate with the moderate resorts, like Port Orleans. The suites can be equal to the more upscale resorts like the Grand Floridian.

I tend to book in the lower level cabins, for the price. I can do a lot more cruises each year, paying the lower rate. (I think the same when I book at Disney.)

Now for the lounges, pools, etc. I find them equal to Port Orleans or things you would have at Downtown Disney. Parts of the ship are more upscale like the dining room, which would be more like the Grand Floridian.

Archived