Just noticed something odd about Solstice's lobby

marinearchit

I was looking at the deckplans for Solstice and noticed that on Vista Deck the "Grand Foyer" has a circular seating area at the center and than four small "clusters" of chairs around it.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000ye0KG7ifo_60gG_ppl_sDn5:12hdebebp?shipCode=SL

The Passport Bar, which is to the right of this area, seemed oddly small. So, I went on the Solstice Class' site to look at the virtual tour for the Passport Bar.

http://cruisecelebritysolstice.com/#/entertainment/loungesbarsclubs/passport/

It turns out the "Grand Foyer" is actually most of the seating area which is made to look like the bar. The only multi-story area seems to be between the main elevators which are just behind the foyer (It can be seen in the 360 view)

It seems that on the next deck (Promenade) there is an area between Crush and Cellar Masters which will be looked down on by a circular balcony on the Entertainment Deck, but just not a true "Grand Foyer" in the sense that we're used to.

I actually like this design. The main elevators will all be panoramic, which I think is great.

I just thought I'd point this out to anybody who might be interested.

Archived