cadiz hop on off

i've reasearched cadiz & vivator is selling hop on off bus tickets for $18.99, we pre booked our ho ho tickets in paris & had to walk quite aways to reach ticket office to change voucher to ticket when we could have bought them @ the bus stops but it was our first time & we were in paris for several days so it was no big deal.

haven't found a site with info on easy of purchase or proximity to ship in cadiz. any advise?

karen

There's a ticket office where you can get tickets for the ho-ho in Cadiz just as you leave the port, and the buses are just outside the gate. Very easy - buy them there. Can't remember the price, though.

Also, make sure you sit up top or you won't get to see anything much. You may have to queue longer, but it's worth it.

Cadiz is lovely - plenty to see. Go to the top of the bell tower of the cathedral - the view is magnificent. Cadiz is the "real Spain", not a bit touristy. We loved it (we were there with Princess in June).

Last March I purchased my HOHO bus ticket from a little sales office just at the entrance of the port. I then walked across the street to the waiting bus. As first on I got the front seat on top.

Although I had been to Cadiz before, I had taken the tour to Seville and missed the delights of Cadiz. I would return in a heartbeat.There were many Kodak moments.

Fran

We were in Cadiz in July. Our RCCL ship docked at the Puerto Comercial. The Plaza de Espana was across the road from where we docked. When we got off the ship, right at the port there was a small building selling tickets for two different bus tours. The green and cream bus, Tour por Cadiz, costs 10 euros for adults and 6 euros for children. www.busturistico.com . This bus had a canvas top that could be open or closed. It was closed on our tour to provide shade. The other choice is the red sightseeing bus, Cadiz Tour, that has an open top. Their cost is 12 euros for adults and 5 euros for children. This bus takes almost the same route as the other, except it also makes a stop at the El Corte Ingles, the big department store in town. www.city-ss.com . You then walk outside a few steps to the street and board both buses there. Some people waiting to get on the bus just paid as they were boarding.

We did the green and cream bus because we wanted some shade, but still be able to take photos and video. I will say that the headphone jacks on our bus were not all working properly and my mom's seat was broken (my brother and another passenger sitting behind her helped brace it. We couldn't switch seats because the bus was full by then.) I can't comment on the condition of the red bus. Also, while we were waiting to get on the bus, there was a disagreement among the employees that turned into a shouting match while we waited to board. If I had to do it again, I would take the red bus!

We did the bus tour as soon as we got off the ship, for an overview. The buses go around the perimeter of the city. Cadiz was a real surprise for us. We had the best day just walking around and we really enjoyed this port.

Archived