Walk to Little Italy?

PCruzer

Does anyone know if Little Italy is walkable from the Hampton Inn Downtown? According to the map it looks like it is close. We thought we would walk to one of the restaurants there for dinner & walk back. Is it safe to walk back after dark?

You can either walk or take the Trolley. I would not walk it by myself, but if you have someone with you it should be fine. Get direction from your hotel, as you cannot cross either the train tracks or the freeway on all streets.

Where do you plan to eat?

Thank you very much for the information. I didn't realize about the freeway/train tracks. Someone recommended that we eat at Buon Appetito. We were looking for a good reasonably priced restaurant. Good choice? I imagine the staff at the Hampton Inn can tell us how to get the trolley. We stayed there last year before our cruise, and they were the most accommodating, helpful people!

You can walk there just fine, and it is totally safe. I have been with my little son and also alone and have never had a problem. If you are staying at the Hampton the trolley runs right behind the hotel. The stop is right there. Just walk out the hotel....turn right....turn right again, cross the trolley tracks and wait. Personally I would recommend Filippis for dinner, and lunch and in between meal snacks too!!:D

Archived