Transporations from ORD to Port of Tampa

clueless2

ORD is the code for Chicago, not Orlando. Do you mean MCO?

Yeah....I was thinking the same thing......boy would THAT be an expensive cab fare.....and if you used ORD instead of MCO...you are NOT getting on a ship! (well maybe that sailboat thinggie at Navy Pier!)

to the OP...rent a car......cheap cars are available in Fla and many do NOT charge a drop charge....

I was also a little confused by the title. I live near chicago, so I was just thinking, wow, any transportation (other than an airplane) from ORD to the Port of Tampa is going to be lengthy and very expensive haha.:p ;) :D

I tried to do a little research online, and it seems the only option would be to rent a car, or book a private shuttle/car service. Obviously renting a car will be cheaper. If you did that, you could drop the car at the airport, and take a shuttle from the airport to the port, or a shuttle to your hotel if you're staying there the night before. Maybe a hotel with a free shuttle to the port as well???

Also, I would keep a look out on the airfare. It seems odd to me that flying into Tampa would be that much more. What airport are you flying out of and are you trying to stick with a specific airline? I would think the airfare to either airport would be very comparable unless you are flying out of a smaller airport with less choice of airlines.

Tickets could be $200 cheaper if you are using the ORD airport code instead of MCO as others posters have pointed out. My experience is MCO is usually more than TPA so we fly into TPA often. If you do go into MCO, look at renting a car, its an easy-direct drive. Just give yourself time as you pass through the area where WDW is and that can be slow going.

Archived