1st cruise and ready to book a 2nd!

1sttimer2009

Is that weird? I want to book another cruise and haven't went on the first one yet. Do you all think that is wise?

I don't think it's weird at all! :D I think you'll have such a great time on your cruise and be thankful that you DID book a 2nd. We are addicted to cruising - and then if you are on this website, it makes you even more of an addict. haha.

Enjoy your 1st cruise - just keep an open mind and take it all in b/c it goes by really quickly (like your wedding day!)

Is that weird? I want to book another cruise and haven't went on the first one yet. Do you all think that is wise?

I was hooked the first cruise I went on. I hope it will be the same for you.

There was a post a few days ago from someone who said although there were great moments, cruising just wasn't for her, even though she wanted to love it.

If you do book another one before going on the first, check on cancellation penalties or fees (especially with a TA).

Hope you love it!!!!!!!!

It is not weird at all. I do think you might want to wait until you are on the cruise before booking your second one. That way you can get some OBC.

I guess i am of a different thinking than some here. How and why would you book a 2nd cruise before you have even gone on a cruise at all ? How do you know if you will like it ? How do you know it will meet your expectations ? I say take that cruise planned and then decide if cruising is for you after you return. Also remember that there are other cruiselines to consider if this one does not meet your expectations.

How do you get OBC when booking a cruise while onboard ? I did not think Carnival did onboard bookings such as RCI does and provides an OBC for advance booking ?

Go ahead and book the second. If some some strange reason you don't like your first cruise, then you can always come back and cancel the second one. But in the meantime, take advantage of the pricing that you're seeing now (and room availability) rather than waiting till later. We always have two booked at one time. I like having lots of ports to look forward to. :D :D

It is not weird at all. I do think you might want to wait until you are on the cruise before booking your second one. That way you can get some OBC.

I thought it was only a couple of the ships that you can do a FCC with and get OBC with Carnival. Has that changed?

But I totally agree that if it's another cruise line and you're planning two cruises, waiting while you're on the first to book the second is DEFINITELY to your advantage - reduced deposits and great OBC for the second cruise.

I pretty easy going so unless the boat sink I think i'll like it. so my mom and SIL want to go cruising to celebrate her lap band surgery for next year she's having it in May want to cruise in Dec 2009, even if I didn't like my first one I'd still go b/c I might like the 2nd I'll try almost anything twice! I called Carnival last night and she said I can cancel no strings by at least June 2009.

Archived