Nautica cruise

rozina0

we are planning a cruise on the Nautica next year Leaving Rome and sailing around the Adricatic coast, as this is our fist crusie we are wanting to know the attire and any other hints anyone could pass on we would appreciate anyone's advice on cruising.

Rozina

On the ship, during the day, people wear casual clothes. I've only been to the Med in the fall, and don't know what ports you're visiting, so can't address that issue.

In the evening, men wear slacks and a nice shirt, some with sports jackets, some without. The women wear nice pants/skirts and tops. There are no formal nights--it's more like what you'd wear to a classy restaurant at home.

While I agree with Andee that the attire is "more" like what you'd wear at a classy restaurant at home, I've seen plenty of people who are definitely casual.

Not sloppy! But casual.

And some time dress up!

Whatever you wear, you won't be alone.

We sailed in April of this year around the Mediterrean. I wore slacks the whole time and never put on a dress or skirt. My husband did not take a tie or a jacket. He wore a collared dress shirt and slacks to the main dining room and I wore blouses and sweater tops with dress slacks I wear to work. During the day I had on capris and khakis. The ship was definitiely casual which is why we chose the line.

Just got off an Insignia Agean/Adriatic cruise and although it was probably a bit warmer than will be in Jun, it can be warm in Jun. There really is no dress code during the day on the ship. Shirts and shoes in the dining rooms (not at Waves) but there did not seem to be any attention to what folks were wearing. In the evenings the standard fare was khaki's and polo/short sleeve dress shirts/long sleeves dress shirts with sleeves rolled. It is also acceptable to eat dinner at Tapas on the terrace in dress shorts (actually became one of our favorites). A few forks wore Sports Coats or ties but they are definitely not requrired or needed. Women wore sun dresses/casual dresses or skirts in the evenings. Again some were dressy but not required.

For sightseeing, it will be warm especially later in Jun so you will need shorts or lightweight pants and lots casual shirts/summer dresses during the day that you will need to change (because of the high sweat factor) before dinner. It is actually inexpensive to get a shirt cleaned ($2.50?) so you can get some stuff cleaned mid way (doing your own laundry is a nighmare). Hope this helps.

You may want to take along a light sweater or wrap when dining in the restaurants. It can get chilly!

When visiting cathedrals, some restrict visitors who are wearing shorts or sleeveless tops, but most provide a wrap to put over your shoulders while visiting.

Rozina

would your trip be the 'Pearls of the Riviera' Rome to Barcel?

I to have booked that trip June 17th. It is my first cruise and

have been looking at all the postings to read up on the excursions etc...good planning seems to be the key!

Good travels

Lise Qc.

We also had an issue (both at a mosque and at a Cathedral) over the showing of mens knees.

It seems that some Islamic and some Catholic Clergy don't care to see exposed knees.

If our guide (Levent Solmaz) hadn't fetched some disposable leg covers, we might have missed the Blue Mosque!

blue-mosque.jpg

If I were to do the Adriatic again, I'd wear long pants off the ship unless it was 105.......just in case

S&J

Archived