LIVE with Merion Mom from the MAJESTY, 9/12-9/19

Merion_Mom

because I'm doing a b2b in November. So now, a couple of questions...can you tell me a little about your experience when you got back to port in between cruises? Did you have access to your room or did you have to stay out for a period of time? (Based on your report, I decided to book same cabin for simplicity and not try to get upgraded to something nicer booking guarantees) What was the arrangement to get your new sail/sign card? Also, the bridge tour!!! Did you get to do that because you were doing b2b? I'm not diamond status yet, think I could ask for a tour and get one? Thanks--you've got me excited to go!!!

Back to back: The SeaPass cards for cruise #2 were in an envelope on our beds on the last day of cruise #1. We still had to leave the ship on turnover morning to go through immigration. This probably depends on the order of your B2B, though. We did 3 night then 4 night. If you do a 4 night then a 3 night, you go through immigration in Key West, so I'm guessing that you wouldn't have to go through immigration between cruises.

You are allowed to return to your cabin if you want to, or you can roam the nearly empty ship. There is no food anywhere, though. Breakfast ends at 8:30, and lunch begins at 11:30.

The cabin stewards don't care if you shove open the fire doors and enter the cabin corridor - they will recognize and acknowledge you as a B2B cruiser. They keep anyone new out of the area, though.

In other words, you can return to your cabin and snooze or shower or watch TV or whatever, then go out for lunch at 11:30 and return to your cabin at, say, 12:15. They won't let the new passengers near the cabins until after 1.

It's a heck of a lot better if you keep the same cabin for both cruises.

Bridge tour - I got the impression that they offer it to D and D+ on the Majesty regularly. We got a special, personal, private tour because..........well, because..................I'm me. :D :D :D

PSCruiser - it's whatever the one night rate at the Comfort Suites is for the day you are there. So it fluctuates based on the usual hotel things like season and occupancy rates and specials. You can get lots of info on the Bahamas board here.

Carol - thanks for the pics, too - now really, the dessert did not come from the kitchen that way, right? :)

Archived