Driving Direction to Rum Point Beach, GC

cruiseblue

Has anyone done Rum Point Beach on their own with a rental car/jeep?

Rum Point Beach looks awesome so we want to spend our whole day there .(ship dock at George Town 9 am - 4pm).

1. Can we rent car/jeep from pier and drive down there

2. How far is the drive from pier?

3. Is it safe to go on your in Grand Cayman?

4. Are there ferry or public transportation of some sort to go to Rum Point?

I researched Rum Point this spring and it's a good hour plus away due to the ferry was not running then. I was considering it but decided against it. Iam not use to driving on that side of the road. Afraid I would spend all my time getting out of a car wreck and never see the beach.

I did consider a tour by boat it seems quicker and more relaxing.

On our cruise trip to Grand Cayman last year, we rented a Mustang Convertible and drove to Rum Point. I think it took us about 50 minutes to get there. We took Frank Sound Road which cuts across the island. We had lunch at the Wreck Bar, and it was pretty good. When we drove back, we took the road that goes along the far east side of the island. It was very scenic with the road bordering the beach at many locations.

GrandCayman_mustang1.jpg.400fc30bc1972f630eb76dd04eb3e3e4.jpg

RumPoint_menu.jpg.73518f1189143d6eb10359cbea5d7ff9.jpg

On our cruise trip to Grand Cayman last year, we rented a Mustang Convertible and drove to Rum Point. I think it took us about 50 minutes to get there. We took Frank Sound Road which cuts across the island. We had lunch at the Wreck Bar, and it was pretty good. When we drove back, we took the road that goes along the far east side of the island. It was very scenic with the road bordering the beach at many locations.

Hi! We are also thinking about doing this! Just wondering how the traffic was coming back??

• 2 weeks later...

We found driving was easy on Grand Cayman, if you are not intimidated by driving on the left. Roads were wide and well maintained.

The main hassle was getting to a rental car from the pier. Next time we may just take a taxi and save time.

We rented a car in GC last year and made it out to Rum Point with no issues. We rented from a company located at the airport. We did this so that we did not have to get to a car rental office in the Seven Mile Beach area and backtrack through Georgetown to get to Rum Point.

This was great. We called the company as soon as we got off the ship, them picked up up within 10 minutes and we were off. We did not hit any traffic because we did not go through Georgetown. The car company dropped us off at the pier at the end of the day.

By the way - we found Rum Point beautiful, but a bit too crowded for our taste. (more than 10 people is crowded for us - to put it in perspective) We drove a bit further and found a wonderful beach and we were the only ones there - with 6 cruise ships in port!

Have a great time.

Archived