Concierge and mini-suites

Slyfox16

If you are in a mini-suite on the Jewel do you have access to the concierge and do you get flowers in the room? In the bathroom is there a 3 prong outlet?

No. Sorry, but a mini-suite is not a real suite but rather should be looked at as a Deluxe Balcony. None of the full suite perks apply to mini-suites.

Are there any other "perks" with a Mini Suite?

The perks of a mini-suite are a little more room and a little bigger bathroom. As others have stated they are not suites but rather deluxe balcony's. They don't come with all of the perks that suites and higher come with. Calling them mini-suites creates a lot of confusion with people and I agree that deluxe balcony would be a much better name and description.

Kristy

Are there any other "perks" with a Mini Suite?

From the NCL Website:

"Sitting area, private balcony, two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed and luxury bath and shower."

Full Suites & Villas have "perks". Other than more square footage from a Balcony cabin there are none that I am aware of that come with a Deluxe Balcony (Mini-Suite).

as Minis are called DELUXE BALCONY cabins. All balconies & mini get 48 hour dinner reservations via phone. No concierge as he is for suites. No breakfast or lunch at whatever restaurant does it on the ship you are on sinxe not all have the same names.

Our mini on Dawn has no flowers & our fruit basket was a cereal bowl with 1 apple, 1 orange & 1 banana in it for 2 people. $150 upgrade for a tub was ridiculous.

The perks of a mini-suite are a little more room and a little bigger bathroom. As others have stated they are not suites but rather deluxe balcony's. They don't come with all of the perks that suites and higher come with. Calling them mini-suites creates a lot of confusion with people and I agree that deluxe balcony would be a much better name and description.

Kristy

From the NCL web site for suites they show the VIP extras as:

subhead_vipExtras.png

• Invitation to VIP cocktail party*
  • 24-hour room service with special suite menu
  • Full in-room breakfast menu
  • Hors d’oeuvres delivered twice during cruise
  • Fine linens, duvet and
    feather pillows
  • Plush bath robes and towels, luxurious bath amenities
  • Fresh flower arrangement and fresh fruit basket

* Does not apply to Mini-suites. Not available on all ships or in all categories

the website hasn't caught up to the reality that is being reported from recent cruisers...about the 1st of the year, what the websites says was the perks for even the minis...but not anymore.

they are in the process of grouping the balconies and mini-suites together..robes: should be in the cabins, if not ask.

room service: it's 24 hours for everyone, but it's limited...not as limited as a year ago, but still limitied. the breakfast menu has not hot items (but omelets are available on the regular 24 hr menu)

they just changed the linen on all the ships, all the cabins.

basically, just add a * to the rest of the list and you have the current perks for the mini.

since this questions is asked so much, you can read a couple of pages (of this thread) and find several posts on this matter...all with the same answers. even people who booked, the changes, found out the hard way.

as Minis are called DELUXE BALCONY cabins. All balconies & mini get 48 hour dinner reservations via phone. No concierge as he is for suites. No breakfast or lunch at whatever restaurant does it on the ship you are on sinxe not all have the same names.

Our mini on Dawn has no flowers & our fruit basket was a cereal bowl with 1 apple, 1 orange & 1 banana in it for 2 people. $150 upgrade for a tub was ridiculous.

A Mini-suite is about 40% larger than a standard balcony cabin.

You get additional living space, a bigger bathroom overall with a tub/shower combination, a bigger balcony and more storage space. IMO this is well worth the extra money over a standard balcony.

You get additional living space, a bigger bathroom overall with a tub/shower combination, a bigger balcony and more storage space. IMO this is well worth the extra money over a standard balcony.

I agree. I have sailed on the Dawn 3 times in an AF Mini and visited regular Balcony Cabins. It is definately worth the money for me. Besides the extra living space there is the tub in the bathroom (small one, but it is a tub), and also the curtain that divides the sofa from the Queen size bed.

I don't know if I will ever be able to sail in anything less than that when there are 3 of us.....2 in a regular Balcony would be doable, but, I would miss the tub.

I agree - but then most are happy with what cabin category they have chosen at a certain price and others just want to make sure they have a complaint that they can use as leverage for "whatever" :D

Love the Minis! They *are* bigger than the B category balconies and I love that extra room ... and I don't find the bathtub *ridiculous* at all. One of the best things about a mini is the curtain that divides the room as I get up very early and love to have my own lit space so DH can snooze undisturbed. Well worth the extra $$.

FYI: I notified cruisestateroom.com about there not being concierge service and such for the AF's and AG's. They've responded and said after confirming the information with NCL, the change will be made. This should help solve some of the confusion.

Mini-Suite is not really a suite, set expectations for a larger balcony cabin.

Need to book Penthouse Suite or Owners Suite to get real suite perks. Go to the NCL site for the description of suite and villa perks. You will find min-suites o the Jewel, Pearl, Dawn, Jade, Gem really are just larger balcony.

We had Penthouse Suite last week on the Sky and enjoyed Flowers, Daily Treats delivered by our Butler Lucky, Concierge Service (priorty Tender personally guided to front of line), Priority Disembarkation (first off the ship), Breakfast and Lunch in Cagneys each day, Suite only Captain and Offficers Party, plus many other little things that made it special.

Mini-Suite is not really a suite, set expectations for a larger balcony cabin.

Need to book Penthouse Suite or Owners Suite to get real suite perks. Go to the NCL site for the description of suite and villa perks. You will find min-suites o the Jewel, Pearl, Dawn, Jade, Gem really are just larger balcony.

We had Penthouse Suite last week on the Sky and enjoyed Flowers, Daily Treats delivered by our Butler Lucky, Concierge Service (priorty Tender personally guided to front of line), Priority Disembarkation (first off the ship), Breakfast and Lunch in Cagneys each day, Suite only Captain and Offficers Party, plus many other little things that made it special.

I am glad you listed the Suite Perks...I was curious about what they were offering. We booked the Owner's Suite on the Dawn and it is nice to know what to expect.

OOHH - you will be SO spoiled on the Dawn in your OS. It's been our experience that the word "no" just isn't in the vocabulary for either the butlers or concierges that we've had the pleasure of sailing with for the past 5 years.........From the ridiculous to the sublime, we can cite chapter and verse about how special sailing in a suite is on NCL. Our experience has been (on every one of our cruises) that from the moment we enter the terminal until we walk down the gangway at the end of our cruise everyone wants you to have a great time and will do what's in their power to make that happen.

We love the suite life on NCL!

On the Sun are cat AE and AF considered full suites with regard to suite perks? Reason I ask is because on the sailing I'm looking at, AE and AF are priced a full $1,000 per person over cat BA. On all the newer ships, the mini-suite are often priced just a little over the balconies -- certainly not $1,000 more!

On the Sun are cat AE and AF considered full suites with regard to suite perks? Reason I ask is because on the sailing I'm looking at, AE and AF are priced a full $1,000 per person over cat BA. On all the newer ships, the mini-suite are often priced just a little over the balconies -- certainly not $1,000 more!

AF & AE Deluxe Balcony (Mini-Suite) are not full suites and do not receive the perks of real suites.

AF & AE Deluxe Balcony (Mini-Suite) are not full suites and do not receive the perks of real suites.

Can you provide a link that describes cat AF and AE as "deluxe balcony" on the Sun? Everywhere I look on NCL's website, it refers to these categories as suites in one area, and mini-suites in another! But never "deluxe balcony".

And I remain confused why AF/AE is priced $1000 per person over BA on the Sun, when on the newer ships they're just a couple hundred dollars more.

Can you provide a link that describes cat AF and AE as "deluxe balcony" on the Sun? Everywhere I look on NCL's website, it refers to these categories as suites in one area, and mini-suites in another! But never "deluxe balcony". And I remain confused why AF/AE is priced $1000 per person over BA on the Sun, when on the newer ships they're just a couple hundred dollars more.

Here is the link to the NCL website describing the "suite perks." http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/tabid/77/Default.aspx

Please note the disclamer:

* Does not apply to Mini-suites. Not available on all ships or in all categories

The AE & AF are marketed as "Mini-Suites", however, they are NOT full suites but rather larger "Deluxe" balcony cabins. They are appx 40% larger than an BA and usually have a bathtub rather than just a shower. They do not come with the "perks" that are available to the full suites.

NCL had plans to eventually rename these cabins as "Deluxe Balcony" but that was rumored to be rolled out along with the F3 class ships. Since that looks to be in doubt I have no idea if they will rename the cabins.

I my opinion, and the opinion of many others, they should be renamed to cut down on the type of confusion you have stated.

Why it should be $1,000 more than a BA on the Sun for that particular sailing I have no idea. I guess you just have to ask yourself if 40% more cabin is worth $1,000.

Here is the link to the NCL website describing the "suite perks." http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/tabid/77/Default.aspx

Please note the disclamer:

The AE & AF are marketed as "Mini-Suites", however, they are NOT full suites but rather larger "Deluxe" balcony cabins. They are appx 40% larger than an BA and usually have a bathtub rather than just a shower. They do not come with the "perks" that are available to the full suites.

NCL had plans to eventually rename these cabins as "Deluxe Balcony" but that was rumored to be rolled out along with the F3 class ships. Since that looks to be in doubt I have no idea if they will rename the cabins.

I my opinion, and the opinion of many others, they should be renamed to cut down on the type of confusion you have stated.

Why it should be $1,000 more than a BA on the Sun for that particular sailing I have no idea. I guess you just have to ask yourself if 40% more cabin is worth $1,000.

Thanks for your feedback and info.

As to why AE/AF are priced so much higher than BA on the Sun vs the newer ships, I think I may have answered my own question. Perhaps it is the mere fact that the newer ships have lots and lots of mini-suites, whereas not near as many on the Sun. That fact alone would probably command a much higher price increase over cat BA.

Archived