question regarding aft wraparound

IB4cruise

We were in 7347 on the Pride and loved the aft wrap balcony. Cabin 4228 has much more of an overhang than 8273 and 8273 might have some chair noise from the Lido deck above. But I'd take either one!

We had 4228 on the Pride (same room). I'd rather have that room than a cat 12 suite. We really wanted that room on our upcoming Panama cruise, but had to settle for a cat 12.

4228 (and 4237) are our favorites...

I was searching dates for next fall on the Miracle and Legend - had to look at A LOT of sailings to find one where one of those was available. Perhaps I (and others on here) have spoken to highly of those cabins - and the secret is out!!

Just booked 4228 for the Legend 11/1/09... WHEW!!!

I am, at this point, ASSUMING that those dates will work for some others who would be sailing with us - but I could not chance waiting any longer and then having it be snagged up by someone else!

Tom

I was searching dates for next fall on the Miracle and Legend - had to look at A LOT of sailings to find one where one of those was available. Perhaps I (and others on here) have spoken to highly of those cabins - and the secret is out!!

Just booked 4228 for the Legend 11/1/09... WHEW!!!

I am, at this point, ASSUMING that those dates will work for some others who would be sailing with us - but I could not chance waiting any longer and then having it be snagged up by someone else!

Tom

I think you are correct..:o ...the secret is out!!

We have 4237 booked on the Spirit for Feb 09 :D !! I can not wait - the Cat 11 is new for us and the Spirit class ships are our favorite. So we can not wait ;) :D !!!

We had 8273 on the Legend and never heard any scraping noise from above, but there was a lot of sun so if thats a problem go with the other cabin. We have 8268 on the Pride for our next cruise.

Thanks for all the information. I was wondering, does the sun exposure for 8273 make any difference on the air conditioning and the aiblity to keep the room cool? I certainly don't want a hot cabin.

We had 8273 on the Legend and never heard any scraping noise from above, but there was a lot of sun so if thats a problem go with the other cabin. We have 8268 on the Pride for our next cruise.

Thanks for all the information. I was wondering, does the sun exposure for 8273 make any difference on the air conditioning and the aiblity to keep the room cool? I certainly don't want a hot cabin.

We had 8263 and you keep the cabin as cool as you wish. The constant sun is great if that's what you want. You can alway sneak some shade on deck 8 because you can fit one chaise in the wrap around side of the balcony. We also LOVED that deck because it's one quick floor up for breakfast or pizza or the adult pool and bar. Your stairwell goes right into all these areas right on top. 6 months ago we booked another for November '09. It's worth the wait........

... Perhaps I (and others on here) have spoken to highly of those cabins - and the secret is out!!

Tom

Correcting myself (since it's against board rules to correct others !!)

SECOND time in TWO days....

too... to ... two... GEESH :rolleyes:

Tom

Could anyone help me make a decision. If you were going to book an aft wraparound on the Legend and you had a choice between 4228 and 8273, which would you choose? What are the pros and cons? Thanks for your help!

4228. It has the overhang the others don't plus the balcony railing is not angled in as much so the large balcony will seem even larger! Or so my research tells me. I won't know until Feb when I'm in 4237 on the Miracle! :D

Could anyone help me make a decision. If you were going to book an aft wraparound on the Legend and you had a choice between 4228 and 8273, which would you choose? What are the pros and cons? Thanks for your help!

As a few others have mentioned (including Tom, the aft-wrap guru), 4228 would be preferable due to the larger overhang and the distance from the Lido deck above. We were in 7298 a few months ago and the cabin and balcony were absolutely awesome - it's hard to believe it's a Cat 11 but I've read somewhere on this board that maybe CCL will reclassify them to Cat 12?? I hope not!

Archived