Scooter in Port at Georgetown? Turk? Costa Maya?

Roboat

I don't do shore excursions, but I do like to disembark and just wander around the port a bit on my scooter.

My next cruise is with HAL, to HMC, Georgetown, Grand Turk, Costa Maya.

Is there any problem with this (cobblestones, lack of ramps, sand, etc.) at these ports? Assume of course docking at port, not tendering. HMC is a tender port, I think.

Is there anything partiularly interesting right near the ship at any of these ports?

Thanks!

My husband used his scooter in Costa Maya with no problem when we were there in 2007. We stayed in the tourist area near the ship and didn't try to venture further.

It was very do-able, but we were not too impressed with what was there. It was all clean and new, but had all the usual stores you find in every port and a very overpriced restaurant. It's a good place to just get off the ship and enjoy the sun.

Kate

I don't do shore excursions, but I do like to disembark and just wander around the port a bit on my scooter.

My next cruise is with HAL, to HMC, Georgetown, Grand Turk, Costa Maya.

Is there any problem with this (cobblestones, lack of ramps, sand, etc.) at these ports? Assume of course docking at port, not tendering. HMC is a tender port, I think.

Is there anything partiularly interesting right near the ship at any of these ports?

Thanks!

Grand Turk is due to reopen in Oct. It was very flat - and scooterable. There is shopping both vendors and stores that have access. Margaretaville restaurant (upper deck) surrounding pool has a good vision spot for activities at the pool viewing - (best "dancing queen", etc.). Never ventured off on road as it was extremely hot. There is enough right there for a few hours. Enjoy.

Archived