A couple of suite questions

happycruzer

We have booked our first ever Princess Cruise on the Diamond Princess and decided to splash out on a suite (PS).

We now have a couple of little questions which I cant seem to find answers for anywhere. Can you help please.?

Can we check our onboard account on the TV in our cabin (we could do this on Celebrity and it was very useful) ?

Do full suites on the Diamond have whirlpool/jacuzzi type bathtubs ?

With Princess will we have invitations to 'special events' as suite pax. (again I refer to Celebrity where there were a few events such as Bridge tours, cocktail parties etc) Can we expect anything like this on our 21 day cruise.

I have read the link on this Forum that describes the 'perks' in suites but can see no mention to anything like this.

Would alsi appreciate any little tidbits you'd like to pass on re Princess suites.

Thank you.

Happycruzer

We have booked our first ever Princess Cruise on the Diamond Princess and decided to splash out on a suite (PS).

We now have a couple of little questions which I cant seem to find answers for anywhere. Can you help please.?

Can we check our onboard account on the TV in our cabin (we could do this on Celebrity and it was very useful) ?

Do full suites on the Diamond have whirlpool/jacuzzi type bathtubs ?

With Princess will we have invitations to 'special events' as suite pax. (again I refer to Celebrity where there were a few events such as Bridge tours, cocktail parties etc) Can we expect anything like this on our 21 day cruise.

I have read the link on this Forum that describes the 'perks' in suites but can see no mention to anything like this.

Would alsi appreciate any little tidbits you'd like to pass on re Princess suites.

Thank you.

Happycruzer

Welcome to the Princess Suite Life!

Sorry, but Princess does not have interactive TV in any of their staterooms like Celebrity does. In order to see your account, you will have to go to the pursers desk and ask for a read out. To order room service you will need to pick up the phone.

Yes, you will have a jacuzzi style tub in your bath area, plus a seperate glassed in shower.

Again, sorry, but there are no actual special events on princess for suite passengers.

But there are many other perks, which I am sure you have read that make booking a full suite fantastic on Princess.

Thank you Toto for such a quick reply.

Glad to hear we have that jacuzzi I'll enjoy relaxing in that after a heavy day ashore.

Pity about the interactive TV it really was usefull to be able to keep check on our account...we've picked up on a few errors too this way...and hate to be pestering the staff at the pursers desk to check it out.

The lack of 'special events' I can live with, but we are sooooo looking forward to trying out this suite.....Now do you know of any way to make the next 18 months go faster :D

Thank you again for your help

Happycruzer

Thank you Toto for such a quick reply.

Glad to hear we have that jacuzzi I'll enjoy relaxing in that after a heavy day ashore.

Pity about the interactive TV it really was usefull to be able to keep check on our account...we've picked up on a few errors too this way...and hate to be pestering the staff at the pursers desk to check it out.

The lack of 'special events' I can live with, but we are sooooo looking forward to trying out this suite.....Now do you know of any way to make the next 18 months go faster :D

Thank you again for your help

Happycruzer

We get a read out of our account when we pass by the pursers desk and we see it isn't busy. If you can avoid the desk during busy times, you won't have to wait, and they happily provide you with one in just a few moments.

Every line does offer different amenities for full suites, but we have found we really enjoy what Princess offers. The complimentary internet (unlimited) is a great perk, along with everything else. I am not sure, but I don't think Celebrity even offers complimentary unlimited internet with their suites, but I could be wrong there as it has been some time since we sailed on Celebrity.

18 months? Well, maybe you need to book a quicky cruise just to help the time go by faster? I know that come January, it will be 13 months since our last cruise and that is the longest in 10 years we have gone without several cruises. Yep, it's tough. LOL But it will be worth the wait I am sure.

The complimentary internet (unlimited) is a great perk, along with everything else.

I have just read that WIFI is now available in all cabins throughout the Grand Princess, so do you think the complimentary internet will be available via WIFI or will we have to keep going to the Internet Room for our free access? We are in the Grand Suite and will be bringing or laptop.

One thing I didn't notice the first time we had a suite, was the bath salts next to the tub. They are fabulous in the jacuzzi tub and they don't foam up. Just lovely after a long day touring!

I believe I read somewhere else that if the wifi is available in the room, it is definitely included in the suite. I'm also looking forward to having my internet access in my room on my laptop next May.

I have just read that WIFI is now available in all cabins throughout the Grand Princess, so do you think the complimentary internet will be available via WIFI or will we have to keep going to the Internet Room for our free access? We are in the Grand Suite and will be bringing or laptop.

I know that a few of the Grand Suites we have visited have had as a perk, a complimentary personal computer in the suite for your use. I just double checked to make sure, but in the description at princess.com of this suite, it does state that the Grand Princess is one that provides a personal computer for your use in the Grand Suite. So, you may not even have to take yours along unless you actually want to. My guess will be that the WiFi is alive and well in the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess.

Thanks TOTO and others for all the info. I have seen photos of the GS on the Grand Princess and there is no comp PC. I did think I had read that this ship didn't offer them.

I am happy to bring my own laptop and trade the personal computer for a hot tub on our balcony which I see is not available in all GS suites ;)

How am I ever going to get my DH to book a standard balcony cabin after this?! The GS was a treat to ourselves as we don't have any long haul airfares on this cruise

W

With Princess will we have invitations to 'special events' as suite pax.

I was in a Family suite last month, the only 'special' invite in the door was to a VIP Wine and cheese thing in the Art Gallery. It's basically just a scam to try and get you to buy stuff at the art auctions during the cruise. but hey, free wine and cheese and a mingle with fellow guests. (they were actually serving wine, not that nasty champagne)

Thanks TOTO and others for all the info. I have seen photos of the GS on the Grand Princess and there is no comp PC. I did think I had read that this ship didn't offer them.

I am happy to bring my own laptop and trade the personal computer for a hot tub on our balcony which I see is not available in all GS suites ;)

How am I ever going to get my DH to book a standard balcony cabin after this?! The GS was a treat to ourselves as we don't have any long haul airfares on this cruise

Now that's interesting. Here is the description from the Princess website for the GS on this ship:

Our grand suite is extra spacious with a large balcony and panoramic views. It includes all the premium amenities of a suite with balcony plus the following upgrades: deluxe queen mattress, spacious sitting room with fireplace, hot tub, convertible double sofa bed, large walk-in closet, personal computer and tub equipped with whirlpool jets. Approximately 730 square feet, including balcony.

I think this is one I would make a call on, just to double check. I know on the Star the GS provided it, I was there and even have pictures of the PC they provided.

I remembered I had saved a UTube video of the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess, and it shows a laptop like we saw on the Star in the Grand Suite. Now, admittedly I am not sure if possibly these passengers brought this with them, but it is exactly like the one we saw on the Star.

Toto, many thanks for the fab UTube link, I can't wait to experience that!!!

Who knows if there is/isn't a PC. I based my decision on this photo that I found, though I don't know how old the photo is:

http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/images/06-00-Cabin_14.JPG

http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/grandphotos.htm

I will let you know the outcome when I get back in a couple of weeks time:D

To be honest I need my laptop to download my photos, so I won't feel I wasted my time bringing it.

Thanks!:)

Toto, many thanks for the fab UTube link, I can't wait to experience that!!!

Who knows if there is/isn't a PC. I based my decision on this photo that I found, though I don't know how old the photo is:

http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/images/06-00-Cabin_14.JPG

http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/grandphotos.htm

I will let you know the outcome when I get back in a couple of weeks time:D

To be honest I need my laptop to download my photos, so I won't feel I wasted my time bringing it.

Thanks!:)

That would be great if you would let us all know. Have a GRAND cruise! ;)

That would be great if you would let us all know. Have a GRAND cruise! ;)

Will do:D

Just one last question - do you recall if there are any UK style 3 pin 220-240V plug sockets? Don't want to carry an adaptor unless I have to.

Thanks....

1069285509_22088109611.jpg.1bc8ee83eaaaded21b19ea8e7455d9e0.jpg

Just one last question - do you recall if there are any UK style 3 pin 220-240V plug sockets? Don't want to carry an adaptor unless I have to.

Thanks....

Sorry, I sure don't. But I would suggest you start a new thread and ask the board here. Someone will know if they have them available in the staterooms and where they will be located for your specific ship. Enjoy!

Thanks....

Don't know about the Grand Princess, but the plug sockets on Sapphire were US-style. My husband and I bought an adaptor that had two 3-pin UK sockets and would plug into the US one - again, your cabin may have more power points - our BC cabin only had one set over by the desk/dressing table.

Also, the full breakfast room service sure beats rolls and juice:)

We have not sailed Princess before and are used to butlers in suites on other ships (Celebrity).

We like to say on day one that everyday we would like tea at 7.30am and afternoon tea at 4pm, we usually give a good up front tip for this. Can we make this request to our suite steward on Princess, and will they be the person that brings this, or do we have to make individual requests every day through the dining service? Just want to make sure we approach and tip the right people.

We then usually order room service breakfast in the normal way which I accept will be brought by whoever is serving it.

We have not sailed Princess before and are used to butlers in suites on other ships (Celebrity).

We like to say on day one that everyday we would like tea at 7.30am and afternoon tea at 4pm, we usually give a good up front tip for this. Can we make this request to our suite steward on Princess, and will they be the person that brings this, or do we have to make individual requests every day through the dining service? Just want to make sure we approach and tip the right people.

We then usually order room service breakfast in the normal way which I accept will be brought by whoever is serving it.

Actually, NO, you will not be able to have a standing order for tea at 7:30 each morning, even in a suite. BUT, you will be able to hang your little card on your door each evening requesting it and it will be delivered.

Also, you can place your breakfast card out the same way the nite before and order whatever you like to be delivered at a certain time the following morning or you can just call and order it when you are ready.

Room service will be delivered by the room service staff, not your room/suite steward. So, tipping for delivery is greatly appreciated. This can be done in cash, or there is a line on the delivery sheet to add your gratuitiy that way, to be charged to your shipboard account.

Archived