Dinner Menus on the Crown Princess

ajj0624

Is there a way to get a copy of the dining menus prior to sailing? I want to book a dinner in the Crown restaturant but i don't want to to be the same night they may have lobster! I understand that these speciality restaurants book up fast and i am trying to get a night we might not miss something awesome in the regular dining room, Secondly, i wonder if folks agree it is worth the extra money for one night in the alternative dining restaurant. Also if they have a favorite meal there not to miss.

Lobster is usually served on a formal night, and I believe it's generally the first formal night -- I'm not 100% positive since I don't really like them (to me they look like big red insects - shudder). The Crown Grill gets high marks from people so I'd think it's certainly worth it to try once given the pretty reasonable upcharge. As far as getting reservations, some have posted that they do that restaurant the first night, when it's very easy to get a booking for any time you want. And the first night's dining room menu, at least in my opinion, tends to be the weakest in terms of quality, so that would be the night I myself would pick. Usually there's a person taking reservations for the alternative restaurants on boarding day at a table set up somewhere (the exact time/location will be in the Patter newsletter that's in your cabin when you arrive) and s/he should have the entire week's dining room menus there for you to peruse. Hope this helps. You're gonna love the Crown!

Archived