So what did you think when the boards went down???

FinelyCruising

I didn't get "upset" as I was only on to check roll call and this board for any new tidbits on Solstice. I did however think about those who were booked on the Carnival ships from Galveston that were desperately trying to find out what was going on with their cruises that were booked in the next couple of weeks and was glad I wasn't in that position at this time.

I didn't get "upset" as I was only on to check roll call and this board for any new tidbits on Solstice. I did however think about those who were booked on the Carnival ships from Galveston that were desperately trying to find out what was going on with their cruises that were booked in the next couple of weeks and was glad I wasn't in that position at this time.

It seems that most people are used to getting all of their CC info from the boards, but CC does a great job of providing information in other areas of their website. One of the feature stories on the home page of CC yesterday was regarding Galveston ... also, there is good coverage on recent events in their 'news' link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/ ... much of it pertaining to Galveston. The home page and news section were available yesterday. :)

Then perhaps you'd like to volunteer some of your time to help them in these instances?

Host Anne, your post was spot-on and you needn't offer any apology........:D

IF I WAS MORE COMPUTER LITERATE, I WOULD CERTAINLY VOLUNTEER.

Unfortunately, I think I'd kill the boards totally and nobody could use them. But I've logged onto many sites, that a banner is posted that it is down for maintenance, sorry for the inconvenience.

The boards were down for approximately 3-4 days? Putting the message there yesterday wasn't a lot of help.

While I wasn't angered by this, curious if I had a problem on my pc was more my concern. As I stated, I'm not real computer literate and when things take too long or don't go right, I immediately think I have a virus or that the problem is mine. I've had one computer lose it's brain, and another crash from a virus (even with Symantec anti-virus software). SO when things don't go right, I immediately turn the computer off.

Host Anne and Laura, I'm sorry if I offended, I certainly didn't intend it that way. I appreciate all you do to try and keep the boards running, it's more than I would ever be able to do. I could type for you at 100 words per minute, but don't ask me to know much about the inner workings of the computer. Glad the problems have been resolved and the boards are back in use.

The boards were down for approximately 3-4 days? Putting the message there yesterday wasn't a lot of help.

The boards went down around 1 a.m. yesterday morning...and were back up around mid-afternoon yesterday.

Sorry ... a correction ... looks like they were back up last night around 8 p.m. ... so about 20 hours in total.

When the boards were down, it was like not being able to talk to a friend. I wondered what was going on.

Here in North eastern Ohio there are still many people without electric power. The weather media says it is remnants of hurricaine Ike that hit our are late Sunday. We had wind gusts up to 85 miles per hour, yes folks that is equivalent to a category one hurricaine! We fortunately have power, but friends 4 miles away from us in Brookfield Ohio, may get power by Saturday.

I guess it is not making the national news.

I actually thought that cruise critic, home base was located near us (LOL).

Speaking of which, not intending to HIJACK this thread, does anyone know where the home base is located for cruise critic? I was wondering what city, Or is cyber space the location?

Thank you for your time

Later

I read that folks who were on the 2 Carnival cruises out of Galveston almost certainly lost their cars if they parked close to the cruise port--between hurricane damage and vandalism, it said, most would be total losses--not exactly what you want to come home to after a great vacation!

When I could not get on all day yesterday I was thinking that maybe I had said something naughty and was banned from the boards for awhile. I was sure glad when I was able to logged on.

I can deal with issues with the boards because I get alot of enjoyment from them and I do not get upset when the site is having problems. After all the boards are free.

I was pretty annoyed. It's not been just today (or this early AM). There have been several times when - even at an early AM WC hour - I could not get on. Sloppy maintenance issues and AFAIK no other excuxes.

Midnight in PNW is 3AM on EC. The majority of peeps hail from NA. There should be zero reason to have probs getting on at that time of night.

Sign me

Pretty Annoyed :mad:

Wow! Just be gratefull there are these boards!

The boards went down around 1 a.m. yesterday morning...and were back up around mid-afternoon yesterday.

Sorry ... a correction ... looks like they were back up last night around 8 p.m. ... so about 20 hours in total.

Sorry, but I wasn't able to access the boards from Sunday to yesterday afternoon. The website would open, but not the boards.

Wow...Lioness from Ohio....yes, it is not on the news here in the NY/NJ area. The market is a big topic though.... Good luck to your neighbors and friends for a quick restoration of power. The last big deal in this area was several years ago when the grid went out all over the tri-state. Not good.:mad:

Maybe you the friends over for a get back on the boards party....call it a Bored Party.;)

All the best.

Sorry, but I wasn't able to access the boards from Sunday to yesterday afternoon. The website would open, but not the boards.

You probably missed a few confrontations and some sarcasm, but little else. ;) The boards were definitely cleaned up in the black out period but nothing crazy.

Glad you are back on and posting.:)

I enjoy checking in with my morning green tea. I thought gee...this is taking a looong time. :confused: So I checked my airport connections and thought gee....this is taking a looong time.:D

I did eventually have to leave for work, and I knew I was not going to be near a computer during this day to catch up, which is not unusual...yet this morning's routine wasn't quite the same, and it threw me a little ;)

How about you?

Oh the boards went down, so thats why. Well what good now it functions.:) :D

Archived