Cake Cutter/Server

m25653

I just had a question for past brides. I tried to do a search, but the search is down. I want to bring my own cake cutter and server set to match my topper and guest book, but I was told by TWE and Princess that it was not allowed. So my question is has anyone brought theirs aboard and had an issue or they did not have a problem? Thank you in advance for all your help through out this process, this board has been a lifesaver. Tara

This was the one part of the cruise wedding that upset me. I had picked outa beautiful beaded handled set from a local artist and couldn't take it. But honestly, the cake was the one poorl;y organized thing during the dinner. It sat on a shelf behind out tanl;e which was perfect - out of the way could could still be seen. But no one brought it to us when we were done. We ended up moving it ourself....it all just seemed forgotten. But once we started to get ready to cut it everyone, even the photogpraherm popped up and was watching and they even finished the cutting and served the rest of the guests. I don't think one person on that ship would have noticed if I had the beaded serving set...they were too far away and they weren't even in the photos...We did not have a "reception" either though - we were in the regualr dinig room. They did have us set aside a bit but it wasn't like the receptions that many here have..

Yeah, if you are flying you won't be able to bring any knife like items with you, no matter how pretty. Same thing with bringing it onboard the ship, no weapons which a knife is of course considered. We had our cake on a table in Sabatini's (Princess) where we had dinner...they brought the flowers from the chapel in and had them on the table with the cake. It looked beautiful. I really can't remember what we cut the cake with, i'll have to look back at pictures. For the actually cutting and serving to us and our guests, a server from Sabatini's took over. I didn't have to ask, they just took charge and started serving which was nice.

Archived