Family Review - Disney World, Disney Wonder and Sea World

crusinmama06

It's funny--we don't have that many pics of the dining rooms either, and we've been on the Disney ships many times. Most of our dining rooms pics are close-ups of the family, so not a lot of the background to see.

I did find these from Animator's Palate. It's such a cool restaurant. It starts black/white, as you can see here:

(taken on Pirate night...thus the piratey headwear)

DSCF5022.jpg

Then, slowly throughout the meal more and more pictures come alive with color, as seen here:

DSCF5025.jpg

The grand finale is a march with the waiters, who have magically trasnformed from wearing black/white vests that match the walls, to colored versions of those same vests. All of the walls are bursting with color at that point as well. There are also giant fiber-optic paint brushes throughout the restaurant. Very cool!

CeleBrat

Where you on a 3 nighter Celebrat? I had heard on 4 nighters that the walls don't change on pirate night.

Boy reading all this just gets me so excited. So far DH just keeps saying we'll see about going. I want him to decide (he is soooo last minute :rolleyes: ) and then book it!

I too have booked my kids on the 3/4 Disney package for next Thanksgiving. I have essentially told them about going to Disney, the cruise portion however is a secret. We are going to tell them we are leaving, headed home, whatever and then drive over to Port Canaveral for the cruise. Will be fun to see how long it takes them to realize what we are doing and who spots the ship first.

That's really neat!

Probably a stupid question but are there any dining rooms on Disney ships that are more "formal" in decor, etc.? Not the supper club types, just regular dining rooms.

Thanks!

Yes, Triton's looks more formal in design. But you have to rotate through all 3. Your wait staff moves with you everyday. And for breakfast on the last morning, you receive your dining time (7am for us :eek: ) and our servers were there.

Where you on a 3 nighter Celebrat? I had heard on 4 nighters that the walls don't change on pirate night.

Boy reading all this just gets me so excited. So far DH just keeps saying we'll see about going. I want him to decide (he is soooo last minute :rolleyes: ) and then book it!

Yes--we were on the 3-night last September--a year ago.

And, yes, it is somewhat true about the Animator's wall not changing color on the 4-night. But, not 100% true. There are 3 restaurants on the ships, and so after 3 night onboard, you've rotated through them all. On that 4th night (of the 4-day cruise), if you happen to be at Animator's again, then the color-changing show does not occur--because you've already seen it the first time you were there. Hope that makes sense.

Yes, there are formal dining rooms on the ships. On the Wonder, it is Triton's, themed after Under the Sea. Lots of blues and greens, and a fabulous undersea mural on the wall. On the Magic, it's Lumiere's, themed after Beauty and the Beast, with lots of traditional wood and silver decor, and a B&B mural. On both ships, you can also find Palo, and adult-only surcharge restaurant, which is themed very much like the California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort (California casual). EXCELLENT food for dinner, and offered as a to-die-for brunch on the longer cruises. The charge at Palo used to be $10 pp, but I believe it is higher now. If you can, I HIGHLY recommend you go--and be sure to get the chocolate souffle. MMMMMMM......

Sheesh--you guys have made me want to go search for a Disney cruise to book! There are some great Florida resident specials right now...if only I could get time-off from work....

CeleBrat

Hi

I am late, just reading this great review. Does this mean you would not go on a Disney cruise again?

I had to go back and see why I said that...lol. So yes, the pools are crowded...but I do plan to do Disney again when the new ships come out in 2011 and 2012.

I hope the fix the pool problem on the new ships.

I had to go back and see why I said that...lol. So yes, the pools are crowded...but I do plan to do Disney again when the new ships come out in 2011 and 2012.

I hope the fix the pool problem on the new ships.

How do you think they could fix the pool issues? Should there be more or bigger? You will still have those parents who don't read the signs and take infants in the pools and let their kids jump, etc...

How do you think they could fix the pool issues? Should there be more or bigger? You will still have those parents who don't read the signs and take infants in the pools and let their kids jump, etc...

There are 3 things they could do...

1. Put a sign next to the Mickey Pool that says No infants in Swim Diapers. Right now they have a sign next to the Splash Zone that says Infants Welcomed...but the sign for the Mickey Pool is on the wall, pretty much buried under a bunch of "Pool Rules" I had to look for the sign just to take a picture of it. ;) I can see how parents wouldn't know they aren't allowed in there.

2. Tell CMs to enforce the rules. I have been on ships where the crew members have come up and asked the parents to remove the babies from the pool.

3. Make the main pool bigger. With a ship like that, there are bound to be LOTS of families with kids in the pool....more than on any other ship's main pool. So they need to take the amount of families into account when they design the next ships. Or I would hope they would. :D

Archived