Radience Cruise In Alaska Question

hndmn4wf

Okay Well The Cruise Season Is Over For Alaska And Was Just Wondering If Anyone Could Give Me Feedback On What They Feel Is The Best Cabin Out Of These To Get For The Next Years Alaska Cruise.

It Will Probably Be September When The Wife And I Go.

So If Anyone Had GS 1600, JS 1100 Or D1 9256 Could You Tell Me About Them Or Show Pictures If You Have Them.

I'm Hopin I Can Get Some People That Have Just Sailed In These To Alaska To Help Me Out AS WELL.

In What Order Would You Choose These Cabins?

We Were Going On The Ultimate Alaska Cruise Thats Going On Now But DUE To Sickness In The Family We Could'nt Go.

Im So Glad I Hadnt Told The Wife Yet Because This Is Still Gonna Be A Surprise.

Thank You For Helpin An Old Man Out With His Surprise Cruise Yet Again For His Misses.

We were on the Alaska cruise/tour which began in Fairbanks on 8/30 and cruised from Seward on 9/5 to Vancouver. We weren't in a cabin you mentioned, but we were in 7225. We were too far forward. :( Our next cruise will be mid-ship. Also we had a "roof" that was over the lifeboats apparently which obstructed our view to look down to the water. Other than that it was very good.

If you are going on an Alaska cruise I HIGHLY recommend the land portion! On a cruise only you are very limited on what you see of Alaska. :)

Okay Well The Cruise Season Is Over For Alaska And Was Just Wondering If Anyone Could Give Me Feedback On What They Feel Is The Best Cabin Out Of These To Get For The Next Years Alaska Cruise.

It Will Probably Be September When The Wife And I Go.

So If Anyone Had GS 1600, JS 1100 Or D1 9256 Could You Tell Me About Them Or Show Pictures If You Have Them.

I'm Hopin I Can Get Some People That Have Just Sailed In These To Alaska To Help Me Out AS WELL.

In What Order Would You Choose These Cabins?

We Were Going On The Ultimate Alaska Cruise Thats Going On Now But DUE To Sickness In The Family We Could'nt Go.

Im So Glad I Hadnt Told The Wife Yet Because This Is Still Gonna Be A Surprise.

Thank You For Helpin An Old Man Out With His Surprise Cruise Yet Again For His Misses.

You are a GEM :) Here is a link to a thread that I started about our most favorite ship............Radiance of the Seas. Take your time and read it over. There are pictures included in many posts, including balcony views of 1600 and 1100.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048

Be aware that both 1600 and 1100 are corner aft cabins and it's a mighty long walk from the Centrum to the aft section. There are no stairs or elevators located in the aft section, so to go up or down you must walk to the center of the ship.

If I had to select a cabin, I would probably go with 9256 because it's mid ship, close to stairs and elevators and has a wonderful balcony.

9256 is also a corner aft. The cabin size is smaller, but the balcony is only a little smaller than that of 1100. So, if you feel like you can live with the smaller interior space, it's a wonderful deal. I have 9256 booked on our upcoming Serenade cruise. I still can't justify the extra $500pp to move upstairs. (I've been trying to. :)) I do have 1100 booked on both the Jewel and the Radiance.

P.S. I did have the corner aft 8168 on my Radiance cruise last February - just under 9256. It is a walk, but these are great balconies and very much worth it to me. Besides, since I am the queen of justifying, that means I can eat more chocolate on the cruise.

If I had to select a cabin, I would probably go with 9256 because it's mid ship, close to stairs and elevators and has a wonderful balcony.

Duh........only been on the Radiance 8 times.............why did I think that 9256 was mid-ship???????????:o:o:o

Thanks Vicki for bringing that to my attention...............it was too late for me to edit my post.

Patty, thanks very much. Only to be honest, I didn't really look at your last paragraph. I figure whatever you have to say about the Radiance is correct!

By the way, it was great to catch sight of her in Juneau and Skagway last week even if I wasn't sailing on her that trip.

We had a corner aft on the Ultimate Alaska last year, on Radiance. I did not like the long walk or the motion in the back. But the views were great and it felt very private. So I guess it is a toss up! I would probably go for a Suite near the elevators.:o :D

You can see lots of Radiance class cabins if you click on the link in my signature. I have not stayed in 9256. For my money, 1100 (Radiance album) is the best cabin on the ship. Although it is "only" a JS and doesn't come with the perks of a full suite, the interior space is great and the balcony is the best on the ship.

We've stayed in 1600 (Brilliance album) and I found it to have an odd layout, but it does have a very nice balcony for viewing the amazing scenery (1100's is larger, but there's tons of room for 2). If you're on Radiance herself and are going to splurge on a GS, then think about 1060 (the other Radiance album), which is a GS on the hump. It's very convenient to the stairs & elevator and right across the elevator lobby from the Concierge Lounge, to which you would have access. It was great being able to pop in for a quick cup of coffee in the morning and then head back to the cabin to drink it. It has the largest balcony on the ship, but the overhang from the WJ and the wall on the forward side made it just a bit dark for my liking. I'm really splitting hairs, though. And note that Serenade, a near-twin of Radiance, does not have that particular GS, so mind which ship you book.

Also check out JS 1602 (I have pictures of that one, too, on the Jewel) - although it's not on the corner, it still has a fab balcony and the same great interior spaces as 1100.

Archived