What is a "Pack and Play"

Kitties26

Sorry - probaby seems like a stupid question, but here in Australia I have never heard of a "Pack and Play". I'm guessing they are the same thing that we call a "Portacot", which is just a collapsible cot/crib with soft mesh sides. Can someone please confirm?

We are sailing on Celebritiy's Millinnium with our 7 month old, and have requested a crib. Does anyone know if they provide cribs or 'pack and plays'?

Thanks

My "babies" are now 15 and 16 and we had "pack'n'plays" in Sydney when they were babies. I actually chose a simiar version from Babyco - it was a slightly larger one then the Pack'n'play so acted as a portable playpen as well as cot. It was still padded and portable.

Didnt they used to be called a "Play Pen"?

...or at least thats what I believe my siblings and I were stuck inside in the late 60's.

I guess it's politically incorrect to cause distress to your child now a days, by confining them into a horrific PEN - like an animal :eek:

So now as long as they are known to be 'playing' in a "yard' - all is ok :cool:

...btw - my dd has a pack-n-play too:p :D

My understanding is that it is a play yard/play pen...that is what it was on my RCCL cruise and what it will be on HAL in a few weeks. I bought a slip cover for the play pen. Its a product that covers all the surfaces so you know you have a clean and germ free space for your little one. Its call a coverplay and is on sale at onestepahead.com for 39.99

Archived