Does Hump obstruct view if close...Freedom D2

buzymom3

Well we finally have our cabins worked out and I am rethinking the cabin we were given.

My hubby and I are in D2 Cabin #6656. It looks a little close to the 'hump' and I am worried about our view. This is a big deal for us, we have never been in a room with a balcony and even with price drops it is expensive...

TA told us she picked that cabin cause it was fairly close to the elevators and it was close to where the kids are (with grandma) on H cat in rooms 3620. TA said that it would be easy for the kids to run up three flights of stairs, and easy for my mom to hit the elevator. (kids are 14, 16 and 17)

Mom used senior discount and we put all three kids in her room to get better 3rd and 4th discount. Using senior discount we saved $600. Once we get onboard we will move one of the kids into our cabin and they can sleep on the couch (no sofa bed).

Sooo to get back to my question: Will we have a restricted view that close to the hump on Freedom?? This really is once in a lifetime for us! My 50th, my mom's 75 AND my hubby and my 20th!! That and college looming large next year..I'm never gonna have money again! lol :eek:

Help!

janet

Hi Janet,

I asked this same question. Run a search and see if you can find the thread. Someone posted pictures that I thought were helpful. If you can't find the thread on search, I think you can click on my name and see my posts. Look for the question I had about hump cabins obstructing the view.

If you are worried about it, you might just want to switch your cabin. Then you won't have to worry about it and you can just be excited about your cruise instead.

Kathi

In my opinion, ANY balcony cabin in that area will be wonderful, it is so convenient to be near the elevators and stairs. A great location.

Don't stress out about the perfect view...when you are on the balcony, it will be...perfect! Enjoy your cruise.

ps If you want me to sneak in and check it out...we'll be there next week!:D

Well we finally have our cabins worked out and I am rethinking the cabin we were given.

My hubby and I are in D2 Cabin #6656. It looks a little close to the 'hump' and I am worried about our view.

TA told us she picked that cabin cause it was fairly close to the elevators and it was close to where the kids are (with grandma) on H cat in rooms 3620. TA said that it would be easy for the kids to run up three flights of stairs, and easy for my mom to hit the elevator. (kids are 14, 16 and 17)

I'm never gonna have money again! lol :eek:

Help!

janet

Hi Janet,

You are farther back from the hump than you realize. Although, being aft of the hump, you cannot see the bridge wing.....you will have an excellent view forward and aft.

We have had cabins right next to the hump...on the aft, and we thought the views were wonderful.

Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Rick

How could a little bump out in a ship block a view? :rolleyes: The ocean is all around you. It's not like the hump is blocking your view of the ocean. The only thing you won't be able to see is the front of the ship if you are behind the hump, and the aft of the ship if you are forward of the hump. Nothing to see there. :rolleyes: ;)

We were on freedom last year we had a hump there are a few pic,s of it on the link below. Hope they help. Its not that obstructed, I didnt think.

http://community.webshots.com/user/gotbeerhere

Cheers from Beers.

The pics from your cabin are closer to the hump.......and a little higher.........in an OS. A very nice way to travel, by the way!! :)

Rick

The pics from your cabin are closer to the hump.......and a little higher.........in an OS. A very nice way to travel, by the way!! :)

Rick

Thanks Rubrrick.

I just thought showing the actual hump might help LOL

And yeah, it sure was nice to go that way, but way much $$$$$ if you know what i mean. LOL But worth it.:cool:

In my opinion, ANY balcony cabin in that area will be wonderful, it is so convenient to be near the elevators and stairs. A great location.

Don't stress out about the perfect view...when you are on the balcony, it will be...perfect! Enjoy your cruise.

ps If you want me to sneak in and check it out...we'll be there next week!:D

hey Susan...if you can convince the ppl staying in the room that you are an 'official' of RCCL...I would LOVE that pic!! haha, but since I don't want to have to post bond for you it's probably not a good idea!:D

Thanks for all the reassurances. I am going to keep our little cabin and just relax...unless another price decrease comes up...then I am dialing for dollars as fast as I can!

have a good week everyone

janet

At first looking at the pics on RCCL site, I thought that they were the size of a real couch...but then looking at other people's pictures I realized that they are much smaller. My 16 year old dd is only 5'5 and could sleep in a wind tunnel. I think that she will be fine.

My 17 year old son is so excited about a balcony I think he might volunteer to sleep on it. When we were in San Diego we had a condo on the beach and every night he slept on the floor right next to the sliding glass door...with the door open a crack so he could hear the surf. I'm not kidding about sleeping on the floor! lol

Who knows...I may end up with more kids in our cabin than my mom! :rolleyes:

janet

How could a little bump out in a ship block a view? :rolleyes: The ocean is all around you. It's not like the hump is blocking your view of the ocean. The only thing you won't be able to see is the front of the ship if you are behind the hump, and the aft of the ship if you are forward of the hump. Nothing to see there. :rolleyes: ;)

I agree completely. Even the hump cabins don't see the "front" or "back" of the ship. Just another long line of balcony's and a little more water:D

Archived