Favorite Montreal hotel?

murphysmum

Hello...

I'm sure this has been asked before, but the search function has been down much of the week.

I'll be going to Montreal for three days before a cruise to Boston and I'd love to find a really charming hotel.

I love older hotels with period furniture, near historic parts of town and charm is more important than price.

If anyone has a favorite, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks so much.

murphysmum;)

Hello...

I'm sure this has been asked before, but the search function has been down much of the week.

I'll be going to Montreal for three days before a cruise to Boston and I'd love to find a really charming hotel.

I love older hotels with period furniture, near historic parts of town and charm is more important than price.

Thanks

murphysmum;)

Fairmont Quenn Elizabeth is a perfect fit

Hello...

Thanks so much.

murphysmum;)

Hotel Nelligan or the St-Sulpice. Most hotels and B&Bs in Old Montreal will fit the bill. If you want a fancy hotel is downtown Montreal, try the Vogue.

Fairmont Quenn Elizabeth is a perfect fit

Period charm? Wrong hotel. It's a nice hotel, but it's hardly a period charmer, other than their dining room.

Hello...

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I've looked them up and I'm favoring the St. Sulpice, although I haven't obsessively checked every B&B in the Old Town as mentioned.

Just FYI...The Fairmont sounded like a good choice, but it's getting very negative evaluations on Trip Advisor if this is a concern for anyone.

I appreciate your time and expertise.;)

murphysmum

Hello...

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I've looked them up and I'm favoring the St. Sulpice, although I haven't obsessively checked every B&B in the Old Town as mentioned.

Just FYI...The Fairmont sounded like a good choice, but it's getting very negative evaluations on Trip Advisor if this is a concern for anyone.

I appreciate your time and expertise.;)

murphysmum

Montrealers get very upset when people call it "Old Town". It's always called Old Montreal here.

The Quebec government's tourism website has an unbiased list of B&Bs in Old Montreal. (The city's website isn't unbiased, you pay for placement).

When are you going? We'll be at Hotel Nelligan Oct 5-7 and I can let you know how it was when we get back. I chose it based on tripadvisor reviews and the location - made my reservations online and they have been extremely nice and prompt in answering any questions.

Hi...

Thanks for taking the time to educate me about Old Town vs. Old Montreal. I won't make the mistake again and you've saved me from annoying people while in Montreal.

Best,

murphysmum;)

Actually it was Ephraim who gave us the lesson, I live on the other side of Canada and get into a whole other set of problems when I go to Montreal.......but thanks anyway. :D

Archived