Question for Coqui 2007

airlink diva

I have a question. I want to visit Luquillo. How do I get there from where the ships dock? Since I'm in port for a long time, I can take a local bus or taxi if the cost is reasonable. I want to visit the small vendors that offer cuchifrito, alcapurria and other local items for lunch. Or do you have somewhere closer to the port area that you suggest?

Thanks!!

Luquillo is about 45 mins from San Juan - there are no local buses that would get you there, a taxi will cost you about $130 round trip (it's $63 from airport to Rio Grande which is a bit shorter distance than San Juan - Luquillo)

This map will show you where Luquillo is from San Juan http://*****.com/5xraep

You might want to consider renting a car - would be cheaper and some of the companies will pick you up at the ship

If you did head towards Luquillo you could also check out El Yunque (depending on what time you dock) and also Luquillo beach

as for places closer - others will hopefully add their thoughts - but depending on when you are in port, there are roadside places on the road to Pinones (which is just past the airport) so closer than Luquillo - not sure how much a taxi would be, but probly close to $50 round trip

There are also several restaurants in Old San Juan that will serve typical Puerto Rican food:

La Fonda El Jibarito

Cafe Puerto Rico

Casa Borinquen

La Mallorca

La Bomonera (good for breakfasts)

Luquillo is about 45 mins from San Juan - there are no local buses that would get you there, a taxi will cost you about $130 round trip (it's $63 from airport to Rio Grande which is a bit shorter distance than San Juan - Luquillo)

This map will show you where Luquillo is from San Juan http://*****.com/5xraep

You might want to consider renting a car - would be cheaper and some of the companies will pick you up at the ship

If you did head towards Luquillo you could also check out El Yunque (depending on what time you dock) and also Luquillo beach

as for places closer - others will hopefully add their thoughts - but depending on when you are in port, there are roadside places on the road to Pinones (which is just past the airport) so closer than Luquillo - not sure how much a taxi would be, but probly close to $50 round trip

There are also several restaurants in Old San Juan that will serve typical Puerto Rican food:

La Fonda El Jibarito

Cafe Puerto Rico

Casa Borinquen

La Mallorca

La Bomonera (good for breakfasts)

Wow!! That's too much for a taxi! I really don't want to rent a car, so I guess that I stick close to the area that I'm in.

But thanks for the quick reply!!

I agree- if you are not renting a car, forget Luquillo.

I love the kiosks at Pinones. The frituras are home made and filled with all sorts of seafood. http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/kiosk-food/

It is not too far from OSJ, you can get a taxi.

It is possible but not easy to take a bus. You will have to get a bus out of OSJ, then change buses.

You can double check which routes to take at the bus station right by the cruise ship pier.

At Pinones, there is also a nice board walk that you can walk or rent bikes there and bike it.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/pinones-mangrove-forest-nature-boardwalk-waterfront-fun/

Archived