Viking Sun Cruise-Dinner Attire Question

Hula Girl

Hi All,

I am doing the Rhine Getaway on 09/21/08. I know, I should be packed by now! Can anyone tell me what the Dinner Attire is? I am bringing some dresses for the Welcome/Farewell Dinners, but not sure what to bring for the other nights. I am also debating on what type jacket to bring for night when strolling Basel/Amsterdam (lightweight or Heavier). It looks like it will get down in the 40's at night.

Thanks,

Amy

Hi Amy,

We've been on two other Viking cruises (Netherland/Belgium; Vienna to Amsterdam) and the dress is quite informal. The line recommends "dressier" apparel for the two "bigger" nights. However, we never noticed much difference in dress. I don't recall seeing women passengers in cocktail dresses. Betty wore slacks/pants the entire time, with a dressier top for the two special evenings. (A pashmina goes a long way!) For those evenings, some men wore jackets and some did not! i wore a jacket for the two dinners, and sweaters or just open shirt the rest of the time.

We can't speak for the weather on your cruise -- our Netherlands trip was in spring and the Vienna cruise was in October. Our upcoming trip from Basel to Antwerp is in November. I suggest "layers!"

Enjoy your trip.

Avie

Archived