Anyone going on Magic Dec. 4th?

Frances Pellegrino

I'll be on board, cruising with a girlfriend that week. It'll be my 8th Disney cruise (her 5th), but Holland America Line (HAL) is my favorite cruise line. My Disney cruises have been done using DVC points, so they feel sort of "free" - otherwise I'd be sticking with HAL 100% of the time.

That said, Disney does do a good job of protecting the adult areas from kids, and they have a very extensive kids program for all of the families on board. The food is pretty mediocre (except Palo - that is wonderful), and the cruise itself is not quite as elegant as a cruise on a line with fewer kids would be, but it's a nice relaxing week for us. We don't care about the ports, have seen the shows, so we just cruise to get away from work & unwind for 7 days. We did the western cruise last November together, and I did this itinerary again in May on HAL, so we'll most likely stay on the ship during the port days. I'll be doing the unlimited internet package this time - so I can keep in touch with the special man in my life I didn't have when I booked this cruise 11 months ago....otherwise it'd be a very long 7 days!

The documents should be arriving any day now - then I'll know it's right around the corner again :-) Are you doing any time at WDW before or after the cruise? I booked Old Key West for the night before, figuring that way we'll have a short trip to the port in the morning.

Archived