Mahuhual Beach

PACURN

Just came back from my cruise and I have to tell you that Majahual was the best stop. We spent a lazy day swimming snorkeling, shopping and eating. We ate cevice, lobster, and a fish that I think was a red grouper. The fish was excellent. We had beer, a couple of shots and life was good. We had our kids with us (ages 7 and 10) and they had a great day. They ate all the food we did and nobody got sick. My 7 year old have coconut milk from a fresh coconut.

Shopping is the usual mexican fare. Nothing you can't get in other ports. They do massages on the beach, hair braiding. The locals serve you on the beach. There are plenty of palalpas and chairs for lounging. I highly recommend diong this. The beach is great for kids. Waves are none existand and it is shallow for a long way out.

The ships will steer you away from going there. don't beleive that. It's safe and fun. They want you to stay in the dock area cuz they (the cruise companies) built it. It is nice there, but not authentic. Prices on things are higher.

Have a great cruise. I'm off to figure out where I want to go next.

Debbie

Braiding is about 30-35 dollars, but bargaining is the name of the game. Massages are 20.oo for 30 mins. Quite a deal since I paid 300.00 for a seaweed wrap and massage on the ship. Have a great time.

Debbie

We were just there last week and the price for our two teenage daughters to get half their hair braided was $15 each. I bargained and got both for $25. This was definately the best price we saw anywhere in the western Caribbean.

Archived