NCL Upgrade BA to AF

Postman1963

I just got off the phone with my cruise consultant at NCL and after a very long conversation I was able to upgrade to AF from BA which was allready upgraded from BD to BA. I had to give up 50 dollars of OBC and pay 100 dollars but I figured that it was a good deal.

Does anyone have any other stories like this?

AJ

This cruise is on NCL Star Mexican Riviera Jan 17 2009

I just got off the phone with my cruise consultant at NCL and after a very long conversation I was able to upgrade to AF from BA which was allready upgraded from BD to BA. I had to give up 50 dollars of OBC and pay 100 dollars but I figured that it was a good deal.

AJ

I was also booked on a BD guaranty on my upcoming Pearl cruise. When they came out with the new Caribbean sale last night, I immediately contacted my cruise consultant who was able to get me a specific AF aft suite (11156) that I wanted very much for only $100.00 more, and yes, I lost the $100.00 OBC as well. The bait that got me to bite the hook was that 2 years ago we did the Jewel cruise with an AD aft suite and loved it and got very spoiled by it. Last year we also did the BD gty and got bumped up to a BA mid-ship which was OK but small. I figured for $100 more I can get what I want instead of taking a chance on the GTY. Now I am hoping and waiting for the upgrade fairy to pay me a visit and offer me a great deal on one of those suites way up there!!! I can dream, can't I? After all, isn't cruising supposed to be dreamlike????

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this! After reading both posts above, I called my TA and we were upgraded from a BA to a AF for $120 total. A few weeks back when I checked it would have been $1000 total to upgrade. $120 is much more reasonable! We originally purchased a BD guarantee and were assigned a BA, so really we went from a BD price to an AF, and we got a great price to begin with! So thanks!!

AJ

Same thing just happened here! Got the BD to BA originally, and up to an AF (AFT yet) today!!!! I just love stories like these. :D

We just came back from the Pearl to Alaska and were in an AF -- 11656. As you can well imagine we loved it. Very peaceful and I love the sound of the wake, not to mention being able to see both sides of the ship from the aft. One day there were porpoises jumping and playing in the wake -- adorable! You are going to love it!

The best upgrade.. well.. the ONLY upgrade we have ever had was our first NCL cruise. We purchased a mini suite on the NCL Sun (can't remember how much we paid for it).. but a month before the cruise we got a call from NCL and they upgraded us to a AC Aft for $500.00 total. That was the BEST money we have ever spent towards a stateroom because that suite is FAB. It is literally the best suite we have ever had.. HUGE wrap around balcony.

We just came back from the Pearl to Alaska and were in an AF -- 11656. As you can well imagine we loved it. Very peaceful and I love the sound of the wake, not to mention being able to see both sides of the ship from the aft. One day there were porpoises jumping and playing in the wake -- adorable! You are going to love it!

Thanks for the encouragement. We booked 11156 (next door to 11656) on the Pearl for our upcoming W. Caribbean cruise. Two quick questions:

1. What kind of chairs/loungers do they give you on the balcony?

2. Is the AFT balcony on the AF suite any bigger than the balconies of the AF's on the sides of the ship? In the diagrams they look bigger.

If you have any picks of your suite, would love to see them.

Thanks.

Archived