Any Summit lovers out there?

satchiesmom

We are planning WAY ahead for our 40th anniversary in 2006 and are thinking of doing the 10 Caribbean on the Summit in a SS or CC cabin. Any comments, advice or anything at all anyone would like to tell us about the Summit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Susan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;1;22;4;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Century 1/22/05<BR

We have sailed on so many of the Celeb ships I think we've only missed Meridian, Mercury, Infinity & Constellation. This is because we keep returning the Zenith, Horizon, Century and now Summit. Out of all the ships, she is the most beautiful so far. Spotlessly clean, the staff and crew were the best and most friendly and we're already booked for the 10 day next year. We did the 11 day on 3/15 and I can't begin to tell you how great this ship is. From the Captain down to the plumber, EVERYONE couldn't do enough for you. Pleasant, helpful, etc. I know it sounds like I'm "gushing" but this was the best cruise yet and I know you can't go wrong with Summit. I know things do go wrong but for us, this was not the case, and I can be cricial when I'm not happy.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

We are sailing in July 2004 on Summit and have a balcony cabin. The more I read, the more I look forward to it. Will let you know how we found it after we return.

First cruise! Can't wait! countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;07;23;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We are doing the 10 day on the Summit April 16th. Really looking forward to it - we were on the Infinity last year and fell in love with the larger ship. wdblake has a great post here with a review that you might want to check out. I will also post when we get back with my thoughts. Thanks for starting this post, I'm curious to read the comments!

We are sailing on the summit 4/1/05 - can't wait! From what I hear the ship is beautiful!

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

You wrote that you are looking into a CC or SS. A CS is only $300.00 more per person. Check out the size of the room. We have had a CS on three occasions and have not been disappointed yet. On word of caution. Don't book 9096 or 9098, too much noise. If you check the websight occasionally you can catch

the CS on a sale.

Wonderful ship. Our first Celebrity cruise was the 10-day on Summit. Have followed with two on Constellation and one on Millenium. (Also stuck a Galaxy cruise in there and missed too many things from the M-Class ships.) We're booked on Summit twice in the future - Alaska/Pacific coast this Sept. and Caribbean next January.

You'll have a ball.

Just got back today. The Summit is AWESOME. Its everything you expect. This was my first Celebrity cruise and definetly will not be the last. Any Questions fire away.

Ted

Till SUMMIT

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=3>

<param name="day" value=24>

<param name="hour" value=21>

</applet>

IMAGINATION- 3/97

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS 3/00

VOYAGER OF THE SEAS 3/02

ADVENTURER OF THE SEAS 3/03

SUMMIT 3/04

We were on the Summit last September for an Alaska Cruisetour. We enjoyed it so much we booked another Summit cruise for May 21---a 14-day Pacific Coast/Alaska cruise. We've booked a SS and are counting the days.

You will have a wonderful time. The entire Summit staff are to be commended for their attention to detail and their dedication to making your cruise the best cruise ever! icon_razz.gif

Barb

Pacific Coast/Alaska 14-day cruise in only. . .

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Summit - Alaska, Aug/Sep 2003

Having just returned the 10 day E. Carib is a terrific itinerary and the ship crew excellent.

On cabins - one of our party had a stern cabin and they are super. Your veranda is as large as the cabin; it easily holds 4 loungers and a full size table with 2 chairs. If you can land one of the ship corners it gets even larger with a sunning area extending... These are also the new concierge class services also.

We are Celebrity lovers, but Summit is the BEST!! We did 10 day Summit last April 2003,went back this march to do the 11 day, love it love it love it!! It is everything everyone has said. In fact just getting home and saw that Summit has a 4 day cruise on April 26th, so we booked immediately. You have picked a really special ship with the best staff afloat!!

Emerald Seas 1980

Norway 1994

Zenith 1995

Royal Majesty 1995

Century 1996, 1999

Ecstasy 1996

Mercury 1997

Horizon 1998

NCL Wind 1998

Grand Princess 1999

Sea Princess 2000

Infinity 2001

NCL Star 2002

Millennium 2003

Summit 2003, 2004

Summit (4 day) April 26,2004

Sun Princess Nov.22, 2004

icon_wink.gifI agree with all of the above. We did the 10 day Southern Carrib in 2002 and fell in love with the Summit Going to Alaska in July can't wait to be afloat on this great ship again. Bsails I have ? about cruisetour and how they handle luggage. We are doing tour first will they take some of our luggage on to the ship or do we have to keep all of it with us. How was the tour portion of the trip. Thanks for any help.

I saw (disabled access) cabin 9164. The ONLY defect - sort of - reportedly was that the stern Buffetesque musician directly above was audible (even a tad visable) until 11 PM. Neighbors and lowers didn't necessarily "suffer" that - but the champagne veranda sail-aways were memorable, as was this viewpoint at sea (prop bubbles)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by woodofpine:

I saw (disabled access) cabin 9164. The ONLY defect - sort of - reportedly was that the stern Buffetesque musician directly above was audible (even a tad visable) until 11 PM. Neighbors and lowers didn't necessarily "suffer" that - but the champagne veranda sail-aways were memorable, as was this viewpoint at sea (prop bubbles)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wood, I love to read your posts when you're drinking, you make me look sane!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Actually, Wood & Newt--whether you're drinking or not--9164 is really not the cabin to be in if you're looking for quiet & romance!!! Yes the entertainer is directly above, yes you can clearly hear him until past 11PM & yes there is some noise!!! Not to mention the flag while in port---DO YOU KNOW HOW BIG THAT FLAG REALLY IS????

I honestly would recommend ANY aft cabin other than the HC 9164. We were 2 floors down from them & could still hear the entertainer, but it was softer & the flag was not a bother! AND we had a bigger balcony!!! Leave this cabin to someone who REALLY needs it, they will appreciate all the conveniences!!! Get a better room!

JMHO

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Superbonnie, We are doing the 12 night Alaska cruisetour on the Summit in August. Also taking landtour first. You pose an interesting question about the luggage. I think it goes with us. When my folks had done a similar cruisetour with Princess a few years ago, I remember them saying that their luggage was held in a storeroom while they were on their daily excursions. Then it was off to the next stop and the luggage followed.

Anyone have more info on this? We can't wait for our trip. Have an aft cabin this time and Alaska is just beautiful.

Happy cruising to you! Sleddogs icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by superbonnie:

icon_wink.gifI agree with all of the above. We did the 10 day Southern Carrib in 2002 and fell in love with the Summit Going to Alaska in July can't wait to be afloat on this great ship again. Bsails I have ? about cruisetour and how they handle luggage. We are doing tour first will they take some of our luggage on to the ship or do we have to keep all of it with us. How was the tour portion of the trip. Thanks for any help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carnival Fascination 8/00 (Southern Carib)25th Anniversary

Norwegian Sky 8/01 (Alaska) Enchantment of the Seas 8/02 (Western Carib)

Carnival Destiny Family Cruise 8/10/03 (Southern Caribbean)

Celebrity Summit 12 night Alaska cruise tour 8/2004

Jewel of the Seas 12 night British Isles/Norwegian Fjords 7/2005~~30th Anniversary

satchiesmom, The corner cat FV cabins on M-class ships like Summit are port/starboard:

9187 / 9456

8181 / 8166

7199 / 7202

Also, here's a link to deck plans. You can switch decks at top of the page.

Deck Plans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by satchiesmom:

Woodofpine, do you have the cabin numbers of those stern cabins you mentioned, and what deck are they on? This cruise is sounding better and better.

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;1;22;4;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until Century 1/22/05<BR

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lynn Obie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until 14 day Summit - San Diego to Alaska

8/1995 HAL Noordam, 6/2000 Carnival Ecstasy, 2/2002 HAL Maasdam, 3/2003 HAL Statendam, 1/2004 HAL Oosterdam, 5/2004 Celebrity Summit, 5/2005 Celebrity Infinity

bsails....

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Summit & rebooked. We are booked for our first Celebrity cruise on the May 21 San Diego-Alaska also. In case you are interested, you might check out the Roll Call Thread for our cruise. We are really looking forward to spending 14 days on the Summit!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bsails:

We were on the Summit last September for an Alaska Cruisetour. We enjoyed it so much we booked another Summit cruise for May 21---a 14-day Pacific Coast/Alaska cruise. We've booked a SS and are counting the days. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lynn Obie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until 14 day Summit - San Diego to Alaska

8/1995 HAL Noordam, 6/2000 Carnival Ecstasy, 2/2002 HAL Maasdam, 3/2003 HAL Statendam, 1/2004 HAL Oosterdam, 5/2004 Celebrity Summit, 5/2005 Celebrity Infinity

Bsails I have ? about cruisetour and how they handle luggage. We are doing tour first will they take some of our luggage on to the ship or do we have to keep all of it with us. How was the tour portion of the trip. Thanks for any help.

superbonnie,

As you might guess, Celebrity has luggage handling down to a fine art. We did our tour after our cruise and were asked to put things like formal gowns, suits, etc. that we would no longer be wearing into separate suitcases that they kept for us. So the only luggage delivered to our room at each destination was only the luggage we needed for the tour. You have the advantage of knowing ahead of time to pack accordingly.

The luggage is transported via truck and usually arrives ahead of you and is in your room when you arrive at each destination on the tour.

The luggage you choose to store is tagged with a different colored tag from the luggage you want delivered to you at each destination. This makes it easy for them to know which of your bags go to your room and which are held until its time to board ship.

Barb

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

superbonnie,

Oops! Forgot to comment on the tour. We loved the tour. We were there the first part of September so it was really cold in Denali for the Tundra Wildnerness Tour via bus. Be forewarned, for anyone going on early season or late season tours, these buses are not heated! I shivered the whole day---and it is about an 8 hour tour. Dress warmly! On the positive side superbonnie, you'll be going in July so should be more pleasant. We saw many bear, caribou and moose on this tour.

We saw the Northern Lights while in Fairbanks and that's an experience I'll never forget. Awesome! We did the Riverboat tour there and it was very entertaining.

You'll enjoy the Alaska tour. Its an experience not to be missed.

I should comment on Celebrity's Wilderness Express train---it is very comfortable, the food is great, and the crew can be quite entertaining.

Enjoy!!

Barb

We did the 10 night Eastern Carib on the Summit this past February. It was such a great cruise, we booked it again for next year. We've also sailed on the Millennium, and the Constellation (twice), and always book an aft facing cabin. I agree with all of Rosie's suggestions. The aft facing cabins on deck 9 are noisy because of the cafe/lounge above, and that flag is really, really large. The overhang covers the entire veranda, so the amount of sun is totally dependent on the position of the ship. The cabins on deck 7 and 8, are much quiter, and the overhang only covers about one third of the veranda. The FV cabins are great, and we were lucky to have a corner one on our Mediterrean cruise, but Celebrity reserves the right to only book these cabins to familes with 3-4 people on certain sail dates. I also believe that Celebrity makes every attempt to assign the handicap cabins to people with a real need. In any event, the Summit is a beautiful ship with a suberb staff and service. You're guarantted to have a memorable cruise.

Archived