On Deck for the Cure

Izziebella

Cruised last fall and was very impressed by the participation in "On Deck for the Cure" breast cancer walk.

I'm leaving on the Destiny B2B 4 and 5 day cruises in October and would love to participate in both walks if they are still happening.

Just wondering if anyone that's been on a 4 or 5 day cruise that could fill me in.

This is not done on four or five day cruises accept on Ecstasy...

Also doing a B2B on Destiny starting Oct 30th.

Did the walk last year on the Liberty (with the S&S group) and between us and the other passangers there were almost 400 people that did it...It was great....

Those of us that did it last year are taking our t-shirts and are still going to do the walk just to do it......

Cruised last fall and was very impressed by the participation in "On Deck for the Cure" breast cancer walk.

I'm leaving on the Destiny B2B 4 and 5 day cruises in October and would love to participate in both walks if they are still happening.

Just wondering if anyone that's been on a 4 or 5 day cruise that could fill me in.

I hope they do. We did the walk on the Freedom this past April.

When will you be on the Destiny? We will be on her Oct 16th...:)

Bull Dog here, this walk is a great thing to do for all the Ladys and my bride of almost 45 years is a 6 year survivor and she walked with many people men and women on the Conquest this past April. I along with many others were cheer leaders and also assisted with a few that were having trouble doing the walk. I walked along with with my lady and we all had a fantastic time. We got shirts and hats, ship took a picture and everyone had a good time. I can't remember the cost, but it is well worth the few dollars spent and just maybe my few dollars helped find the cure. So people get out there and spend a few dollars on the walk for the cure,you'll just might need that cure for someone you love. best of luck Bull Dog told you so!

Since you are doing a B2B...if they don't have it on the first segment of your cruise....perhaps the Cruise Director can help organize for the second leg!!

I hope they do. We did the walk on the Freedom this past April.

When will you be on the Destiny? We will be on her Oct 16th...:)

Oct 16th is our first leg followed by October 20th. We are traveling with great friends who we always cruise with.

We did the walk this past Feb. A group on the cruise, Coconut Castaways, took part with us. Great cause. Will do it again on the Dream.

Thanks to all who are or have participated in the On Deck for the Cure- my DW is a 2x breast cancer survivor. We are grateful for the support in finding a cure!

This is one of the things that has impressed me most about Carnival. I am looking forward to it on my Freedom cruise in March. It's a 'must do' in my book!

My Mother lost her battle with cancer last August:( . It is a must for me as well. If the Destiny does not have the walk, I will probably walk myself and send a check to the Susan Komen Foundation when we get back home:) . I think that is the name of the Foundation.

Last I heard, it was $10.00 to enter. You signed up for the walk in the formal wear shop onboard. I am looking forward to doing the walk on the spirit in honor of my dear mother. I just hope I don't cry the whole walk! But if I do, I do.

Last I heard, it was $10.00 to enter. You signed up for the walk in the formal wear shop onboard. I am looking forward to doing the walk on the spirit in honor of my dear mother. I just hope I don't cry the whole walk! But if I do, I do.
That is correct. $2 goes to Carnival to cover the t-shirt and the wrisband and the other $8 goes to the cure. You will not cry by the way. Your Mom will be with you and she won't let you.......;) :cool:

LOL No prob. I think we were typing at the same time and I hadn't noticed. I just typed what I read at the link. I'm planning on walking on the Carnival Freedom on our 16 day Transatlantic.
Did this on the Liberty last October with our group (Saints and Sinners) and between us and other people on the ship 400 people turned out...What a day.......

I always mention this too. For those of you that can't walk far (it is a 1K walk or 6/10 of a mile) you can always pay the ten bucks. Then put on your t-shirt and cheer on those that are. There were about 20 or so people that did this for us walking that couldn't do the walk but still wanted to be there and help....;) :cool:

Thank you so much for the information, mine is a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera, so I know what I am going to be doing one of those days. Do you happen to know what day they do it? I won't really matter, but at least I can tell some friends who are going to be on board as well and we can make it a group doing.

Thank you so much for the information, mine is a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera, so I know what I am going to be doing one of those days. Do you happen to know what day they do it? I won't really matter, but at least I can tell some friends who are going to be on board as well and we can make it a group doing.
Just ask at the formal shop onboard the first day. They will take your money, give you your t-shirt and wristband and tell you what day and time. On the Liberty it was our last sea day in the afternoon.......

Archived