Pacific Dawn - room keys

sailingmum

How do you access the doors on the Dawn - room keys, or swipe cards? I'm just wondering what I will have to carry around all days, as my dresses don't have pockets.

Sandi

I'll explain this as best I can:rolleyes: . It's a plastic card type thing (probably a bit bigger than a credit card) with holes in it & you insert it into the door (not swipe). You can attatch it to your lanyard with your cruise card.

Hi sailingmum,

You get a cruise card for all your transactions and a swipe card type thing to enter your cabin for everyone in the cabin. The best idea is to either take or buy a lanyard - you can purchase P&O ones on ship usually pink or blue for around A$7 ea then attach both to that and wear around yr neck. Hope this helps

you can buy a Lanyard from crazy prices for a couple of $$$ or shops like that or you can buy one onboard for $7.00

by having a Lanyard you wont have to carry your personal belongings with you as you can leave them in the cabin

I must be one of the few anti-lanyard crew. I am forced to wear one at work, and I don't want that reminder on holidays.

I had no problem with putting the card in my pocket, or in my camera pouch while ashore. Sun Princess is only a single card for cruise card & door key, but even with two I would manage OK that way.

Was going to bring back a lanyard to use as a souvenir at work, but was disappointed they did not have an exclusive Sun Princess one (only a rather boring Princess one)

Thanks. I'll get a Lanyard from a cheap shop. I'd rather spend the $5 of something else on board!

If you do buy a lanyard from a cheap store, try and buy one that has a detachable plastic clip with a string attached to it (at the end of the lanyard) Like the Pacific Dawn ones rather than a metal clip at the end. The lanyards with the plastic clip/string are easier to put your cards on. I snapped one of the room keys (oops :o) trying to put it on a lanyard with the metal clip. I can't download any photos at the moment but another cc maybe able to post one for you (or try googling lanyards to get a picture of one). I hope you have a wonderful trip :).

try and buy one that has a detachable plastic clip with a string attached to it (at the end of the lanyard) Like the Pacific Dawn ones rather than a metal clip at the end. .
I know what you mean. I was looking at lanyards today,but I could only find ones that said HOLDEN or FORD. Not good enough for me!

Archived